Apple Track Pad

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dunno.  But I'm loving the track pad and multi-touch and swipe commands on my wife's MBP.  It makes going back to a mouse feel very clunky and 19th century.  ANd slow. 

Like the difference between steam engine and electric power.  From grossly mechanical (mouse) to elegant and quick (pad).  It's that cool.

I'd say give it a try!

The future is in this direction.  Apple has it.  Steve said that one future use for multi-touch would be video editing.  Audio editing is about the same task, so we can be pretty sure Apple will do something with Logic and Final Cut, we hope... very exciting!

..... well I was given one, but haven't got it working yet coz I'm running OSX 10.5.. and the track pad needs minimum 10.6.4, so I went to the Mac store yesterday, they sell the track pad, but not 10.6.4, but they do sell 10.6.3 and have been advised that I can then upgrade to .4 online, will give it a shot this weekend and see how it works with Cubase and Logic

I've been using the magic mouse and it feels anything but clunky to me. It allows all of the multitouch functionality but without the annoyance I associate with trackpads. Scrolling around with one finger is probably the greatest efficiency upgrade I've made to my editing process in years. Just my 2 cents.

I'vs just bought one and am liking it a lot so far - my wrist doesn't really like mice.

Haven't used protools with it yet but have a session on Monday so will post back with my thoughts. My only concern is that I'll have to run the PT system with bluetooth on. Hopefully not a problem.

It's exactly the same thing and it's awesome.  I have been using it in place of the Icon trackpad for a week now.  Needless to say, anything would be better than that POS. 

Scrolling is fantastic.  Four finger swipe stuff (app switching, expose, etc) is amazing.  I'm still adjusting to for fine editing but that'll come with time.  All in all, I love it..

It's the best workflow investment for my studio in years. In Logic you can zoom by spreading to fingers, It's extremely fast,
I did't touch my mouse anymore since 2 months

nicholas

My GF got me one for xmas.  Its pretty cool once you get used to it.  the double tap to "stick" is nice when "riding" faders.  I would like to find out how to allow the pinch/spread zoom in protools.  Since its a key combo, im not going to hold my breath on it though.  Definitely a different experience than using a mouse.

Latest posts

Back