DIY rocks !!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evilcat

Hi guys !
I began yesterday pop/punk vocals recording sessions. They are the 1st sessions since I've built some DIY project : Martin's EZ1290 preamp and Mako's 1176 rev A compressor. We took 2 hours of blind tests to choose the right mic, preamp and compressor (I'm a "compressing during tracking" kind of guy). We have some serious pieces to compete with my DIY gear :

- preamps : Millenia STT-1, Rupert Neve Design Portico 5016 and the EZ1290.
- compressors : Neve 33609, Tube-Tech LCA2-b, Urei LA-4 and the 1176 rev A.

And the winners were... DIY !!! preamp AND compressor, hands up ! The others are not bad of course, they're just not the right tools.
Anyway, I've just wanna tell you that we should be proud to do those DIY projects which can compete with serious high end commercial pieces.

Long Life To DIY !

Ben

evilcat said:
Hi guys !
I began yesterday pop/punk vocals recording sessions. They are the 1st sessions since I've built some DIY project : Martin's EZ1290 preamp and Mako's 1176 rev A compressor. We took 2 hours of blind tests to choose the right mic, preamp and compressor (I'm a "compressing during tracking" kind of guy). We have some serious pieces to compete with my DIY gear :

- preamps : Millenia STT-1, Rupert Neve Design Portico 5016 and the EZ1290.
- compressors : Neve 33609, Tube-Tech LCA2-b, Urei LA-4 and the 1176 rev A.

And the winners were... DIY !!! preamp AND compressor, hands up ! The others are not bad of course, they're just not the right tools.
Anyway, I've just wanna tell you that we should be proud to do those DIY projects which can compete with serious high end commercial pieces.

Long Life To DIY !

Ben

cool...
where are the links for the preamp and compressor...
Thanks

Back