MixBuzz1 Build/Support thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what doe it mean in the bom?

CAPACITOR-CERAMIC/POWER SUPPLY BYPASS
12    2.5MM PITCH 47N...0.22UF

i am confused... is it 47n or 0.22uf???  ???

Igor would often write a range that would work.  If you wanted more color or not would often be the reason for the range.  I can't say for certain if this the case, but this has been something that he has done in previous cases.  Also, due to the number of variations his designs provide for, the values can be a range depending on what you are implementing.
Patrick

solderboy said:
what doe it mean in the bom?

CAPACITOR-CERAMIC/POWER SUPPLY BYPASS
12    2.5MM PITCH 47N...0.22UF

i am confused... is it 47n or 0.22uf???  ???

anything between 47nF and 220nF should be fine.

The latest docs for mixbuzz are on our website.

MrBlomski said:
ramshackles said:
MrBlomski said:
Where is Igor?

Long time gone. He transferred most of his 500/51x series designs to me to continue supplying the boards.

I know but where is the guy at the moment?

Thats the £100000000 question (or not). I've not been able to contact him since the end of June 2013.  I hadn't actually finished receiving all that we agreed on before he disappeared.

in igor´s bom is a tl072P. i got only tl072L and have still some tl072CN. is there any difference?

thanx!

From what I understand the suffix letter determines the form factor of the chip.  So they are all TL072's, but P fit in this space, CP's fit in....  You might be able to get by with one of these: NE5532P if you can't find what you are looking for.  The TL072 is supposed to be a low noise jfet opamp, and the NE5532 is a lower noise jfet opamp.  In a bind you can try it and see if it'll work.
Patrick

Hello! In the filter-bom is cbp12l, cbp12r, cbp14l and cpb14r signed as C-EU025-024X044. what is this? i can´t find it...

thanx!

and another question... how many positions has attack and release switch in version 2.5? i am a bit confused. at the frontpanel it looks like more as 6 positions... 

ok, forget second question, attack and release has 11 poitions. but knows someone all timings? i thinking to make my own panel and it woult be great to have all timings on it...

solderboy said:
Hello! In the filter-bom is cbp12l, cbp12r, cbp14l and cpb14r signed as C-EU025-024X044. what is this? i can´t find it...

thanx!

This is a suggested part number. You can find your own parts (using the values given) though...

solderboy said:
ok, forget second question, attack and release has 11 poitions. but knows someone all timings? i thinking to make my own panel and it woult be great to have all timings on it...

What do you mean by 'timings'? As I understand it, you want to know where to make engravings and holes on the front panel?

The original front panel files can be downloaded from the product page on our website

ok, thank you so far. the original frontpanel has following timings: attack .1 .3 1 3 10 30 thats 6 positions. but the switch has 11 positions. whats about the timings in between? would be great to know for my own panel.

thanx and sorry for my strange english...

I've just started using the MixBuzz I built recently. Could anyone tell me exactly what the following controls are meant to do?:

Turbo?
Soft/Tight?
Dual?
TL and TM on release control?

thanks!

skidmorebay said:
I've just started using the MixBuzz I built recently. Could anyone tell me exactly what the following controls are meant to do?:

Turbo?
Soft/Tight?
Dual?
TL and TM on release control?

thanks!

Turbo: for detection circuit, each side summed in mono or stereo detection (Turbo)
Soft/Tight: for making attack/release controls dependent from each other (soft, like SSL) or independent
Dual: a realease option, sort of dual enveloppe, program dependent, release time. Very effective, specially when you have continuously variable control.
TL & TM are for detection circuit, not release. It works like the Thrust circuit on API compressors.

Good luck on your build.

ben

Ben,
Hey. I built my MixBuzz using your BOM by the way. Very Helpful.

Is this correct?
Turbo off = detector listens to  mono sum of input, Turbo on = Left and Right channels compress independently. So it's basically like the "Link" control on a stereo compressor?

Soft/Tight - Soft= attack and release controls are independent and work according to the values printed on the faceplate. Tight = automatic release, based on attack setting? OR, is this just a setting for soft knee or hard knee?

Dual = creates program dependent release timing

TL =  "thrust loud." If this is like the API 2500, according to the Waves plug in manual,  "a gradual linear filter attenuates level by 15dB at 20hz and increases level by 15dB at 20khz. This decreases low frequency pumping while increasing higher frequency compression."

TM = "thrust medium" = "a slight attenuation of the low frequencies and a slight boost of the high frequencies, with a flat mid range affecting the signal into the RMS detector. This reduces pumping caused by low frequencies and increases the RMS detectors’ sensitivity to higher frequencies, affecting higher frequency signal peaks."

Does this sound about right?

Back