electrosound console

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moneypit

Hi All, anybody out there know anything about a mixer called Electrosound? was supposedly built by soundcraft for a sound co called Electrosound....supposedly only six of these were ever built. this one came out of a club called US Blues from the late '70's.....any info at all? anybody??
                                                                                                        Thanks, Frank

I dont have any info, but I actually bought an (enormously large and heavy) 8 track 1" Electrosound tapemechine a few years back. Luckily I got the full service manual also, but I did find next to nothing online about this brand. (I did sell the tape macine a few months later to a friend who has restored it to some extent).

goldenGeek said:
I dont have any info, but I actually bought an (enormously large and heavy) 8 track 1" Electrosound tapemechine a few years back. Luckily I got the full service manual also, but I did find next to nothing online about this brand. (I did sell the tape macine a few months later to a friend who has restored it to some extent).

I don't know if their tape decks were tied into Soundcraft production but I found this page for visual comparisons.

http://brenelltape.co.uk/id7.html

Definitely not a Soundcraft Magnetics deck.
And the company, being based in CA, has nothing in common with the canadian company that had Soundcraft make them a custom mixer. Now that I think of it, I believe the name was Electro-Tech...

The deck looks like an Ampex AG-series (350/440)
Ampex440C.JPG

With different electronics.

-'Rival a Studer'? -Dream on.  -Like comparing a Timex to a Rolex.

Latest posts

Back