SSL Madixtreme64-Alphalink & PT9

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EEMO1

hey,

anyone use a madixtreme64 card and an alphalinki madi ax? possibly with pt9...

Im thinking about getting one. also known as the ssl i/o bundle. I have a couple of questions...

... how well does it perform? stability?

thanks!

Havent used them with PT9 but we run the alpha/delta link combo for PT8.1 HD and also have a madi extreme card in the same mac for running logic natively (without going through all the tdm bridge crap.)

Works great, very stable. We had an issue with the Alpha link when we first bought it, due to a dodgy psu trimmer/cap in the early units. It was replaced with a later model. They sent all the tech notes on the problem enabling us to fix it ourselves, we opted for a replacement seeing as it was brand new.
They have a great service department and a zero downtime equipment replacement system.
Only criticism is the documentation isn't great but their online stuff seems to have been updated now.

Oh and you can add a light pipe interface for another 8 io's easily.

Hi Mr Clunk,

can you elaborate on what you need to run Logic Native with MAdi Alpha system . . . .. (sorry no questionmarks!) Studio I am using id PT only with this system, and I want to stay in logic.

do you get as many outputs, they have 48 in and out.

MAny thanks,

ANdyP

with 1 alphalink you have 24 i?o analog and 24 I/O digital. you can run both analog and digtal at the same time to have up to 48 I/O. I have run and alpha and delta link for pro tools. It works and sounds great. I am curious about PT9 and the madi extreme card and wondering how well it would work.

Andy, for logic we have the Alpha link AX and a Madi-extreme 64 pcie card. As Puch said this give 24 analog and 24 digital io thru core audio.
I've only ever run 24 analog channels so far tho (on our old G5 Quad) haven't installed Logic on our replacement mac pro yet.

Does the studio have 2 x alpha links hanging off their delta link via 2 x madi? In that case the Madi extreme 128 (has 2 x madi outputs) will make life alot easier.
Or you can config one alpha link to feed the digital in/outs of the other with aes or adat and then that just acts as a ADC / DAC in stand alone mode.
http://www.solid-state-logic.com/music/xlogic%20madi%20xtreme/index.asp
In the ssl support pages there's some examples of different setups.

how does the 32 i/o work btw? I can still select to use which ever 32 i/o's i want in the session or does it just show the 24 analog and the first 8 adat on top of that every tima?

thanks again!

HI,

thanks loads for reply. Ill forward to studio. I personally have an alpha 24 way ADDA (optical only), dunno which number. AX perhaps . . . we must be able to configure 48 outs . . . . .

Kindest regards,

ANdyP

how does the 32 i/o work btw? I can still select to use which ever 32 i/o's i want in the session or does it just show the 24 analog and the first 8 adat on top of that every tima?

You can label each output as whatever you like in the PT io setup option screen.

umm... ok,

im planning to hook up prism orpheus to 1-8 ADAT i/o AND a sintefex replicator to 9-16 ADA i/o.

so, im I able to choose depending on the session what 32 i/o's im going to use? or does it shows every i/o there is, but doesn't allow any more options in the track i/o if the 32 is already in use?

thanks for any replies!

... so the number of i/o is not restricted, but the number of simultaneous recording tracks is... to 32.

Back