RME Fireface 800 Schematic anyone?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrispbass

Hi everyone

Recently aquired the above unit  with a missing power supply(internal). It seems to be from around 2004 according to the date on the main board and rather than dive in and re-use the case to re-house other projects, thought i might try and get it working. There are regulators and smoothing cap on main board so I'm thinking that the PSU board may have just consisted of a tranny and possibly a few other small components.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I might be totally wrong, but would guess these rather use switching PSU. May be making an external linear one with a transformer could work succesfully... Anyway, I can't help much. :-\
Laurent.

Thanks for the replys so far guys.

Does anyone have a good clear photo of the internals? There is a 3/4 shot on the RME site detailing the fitting of an optional board, but it dosn't show the PSU. There are 2 potential PSU connections on the main board, one 4 way, another 2. Be useful to know voltages and pin layout.

I've know idea if this unit works, so i don't want to go on a complete goose chase, but it seems a pity to not atleast have a go. There is a thread on here from someone talking about modding their unit, apparently the PSU is a generic switchmode made by Ontec, but where I could get one from and what variant, I've no idea.

C

Hi guys, just a bump on this, anyone have schematic details for this or be prepared to lift the lid on your own to help me out? Psu is missing, thought i could probably make one and see if i can get this baby running...

cheers
chris

Hi,
I had the Problem with a ADI-8 AE ADAT Converter from RME.
The switching PSU was dead.
I ordered one from the RME Distributer in Germany, the support pointed me to them.
was 25 Euro.
So dont waste your time experimenting, buy an original.....
Nick

Nick-ES said:
Hi,
I had the Problem with a ADI-8 AE ADAT Converter from RME.
The switching PSU was dead.
I ordered one from the RME Distributer in Germany, the support pointed me to them.
was 25 Euro.
So dont waste your time experimenting, buy an original.....
Nick

Hi, the PSU in my fireface 800 broke down too. it seems the unit is charged 200 euros, not 25 for this internal PSU (ontek 0T-040F)
so i would like to know the voltages too, eventually to use an external powersupply.

Thanks !

Latest posts

Back