Digi Control 24 Cue (Aux out) problem

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riggler

OK, so I go in to do some tracking and the cue headphones for the musicians are going crazy with a dirty white-noise sound. I trace the problem back to the monitor section of the Control 24. The talkback button works, however. So, prior to the selected monitor source is merged with the talkback, we have a problem. I tried selecting other monitor sources (Not just PT Out 1-2, etc) to no avail.

I've already replaced the PSU board on this beast (about 2 years ago).

My headphone amp is connected to the Aux 1 and Aux 2 outputs on the Control 24, then to ProCo HJ4P boxes.

Does anyone know if there is a monitor section card I can pull out and replace, or where to look for issues once inside? I'm going to do some more troubleshooting tonight and confirm everything before I attempt contacting Digi...

riggler said:
OK, so I go in to do some tracking and the cue headphones for the musicians are going crazy with a dirty white-noise sound. I trace the problem back to the monitor section of the Control 24. The talkback button works, however. So, prior to the selected monitor source is merged with the talkback, we have a problem. I tried selecting other monitor sources (Not just PT Out 1-2, etc) to no avail.

I've already replaced the PSU board on this beast (about 2 years ago).

My headphone amp is connected to the Aux 1 and Aux 2 outputs on the Control 24, then to ProCo HJ4P boxes.

Does anyone know if there is a monitor section card I can pull out and replace, or where to look for issues once inside? I'm going to do some more troubleshooting tonight and confirm everything before I attempt contacting Digi...

we had similar issues with our SSL 9000 console and the stereo cue feed on some channels. In our case there was a failing op amp that once replaced has not been an issue.   Otherwise  u might have to bypass the control 24 and feed the headphone amp from a different source. Like use extra outputs in the box and feed those like your doing fx sends in the box, but to physical outs instead of internal busses.

Back