I stand corrected... what SSLtech and I did today!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
071.gif

actually those are all good to go...

except a few are missing tubes (still waiting on a delivery)

eventually we'll put together a rack of 20 of those things :razz:

[quote author="SSLtech"]
That's a 9098i. Looks like a 72-channel. An older one, with the four older VUs in the center section, looks like a DK audio meter to the left and the supertrue screen to the right.

I've installed several of them and they do sound fantastic! Last month I had the Amek US head of service call me from New York asking for some help trying to get rid of some interference from a custom-wired patchbay for one in a high-rise building in Manhatten...

hey, maybe he should join as "AMEKtech"!!!! :green:

the 9098i is the nicest sounding board I've ever installed. Duka, tell your friend to read the number on the faceplate... it's a 9098i for sure!

Keith[/quote]
Yes Keith 72-channel.
Watch this :grin:
DSC029356a.JPG

Duka

send it on over :)

I really dont think they are that bad for the price... $900 verses a $4k pultec it a pretty large difference...

Hey Chris,
Got any info on the dynamic controller section of tubetech? eg. schematic :green: just the section on the dynamic controller if possible, RMS detector? rectified diode stage feedback? feedforward?

besides I don't want to get you into any hassles with corporate politics or anything.....

Do they use RCL filter with tube gain stage for EQ? or IC filter driving tube amp output?

Thanks!

:thumb:

:guinness:

RCL's and tubes in between sections, kind of what influencd another big eq out there.

Dynamic Controller? You talkin compressor?
I will look around.

Holy cow, Ethan, cool on the enlarger!:grin:

Here's an out of focus shot (because I lamed out and had the manual focus on) of some TT stuff..
Why dosen't somebody come up with software that will correct focus?
You could become a zillionaire.

tube_tech_3.jpg

And the guts of what is probably a compressor:

tube_tech_2.jpg

[quote author="CJ"]RCL's and tubes in between sections, kind of what influencd another big eq out there.[/quote]

Right, sounds like they took the ol'skool route....... RDH........expensive inductors......

Dynamic Controller? You talkin compressor?
I will look around.

Ye..sir..re my man! :thumb:

I think it would be diode rectified feedback, since I think they are into the ol'skool thang. :grin:

You think you got any schemo on some of the new solid state stuff? They all seem to be using THAT stuff, I am keen to try out some National and AD VCAs as soon as I get finish my current project.....

It is one of those THAT thang.....with a couple of tubs.....

THANK!!!

yaH, just residing at different server on spymac and gmail. Got a gig each to burn.....fill it up if you will! :shock: :green:

I'll PM you now to confirm nouw.....

:thumb:

Back