new: Room EQ Wizard 5.0

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It just uses a standard soundcard.
Try it. It's easy.
It's also highly tweakable. Since it is FFT-based, you need to tweak the settings in accordance with your set-up and type of measurements.

You can also send your cheapo or not so cheapo measurement mic to one of the guys in that forum and they will send you a calibration file that completely eliminates the frequency response problem from the mic from the equation.

I just opened it a few times, but a friend of mine used it to dial in their monitors in the studio and show it to me there.  It works pretty darn good.  I'm actually planning on using it to calculate RT60 in the rooms I do installs on.  It also servers as a great tool for presentation with the waterfall graph and other available there.

The only thing that I wish it did is revert the sine wave sweep.  I haven't been able to switch that to go from Hi to Lo instead yet.  Maybe is something easier than I think.  I would certainly help with the lower frequency stimuli.

Latest posts

Back