TV Monitor noise

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dandeurloo

White Market Member
Hey guys, I have been changing things around at my studio and I got rid of my two computer monitors for one 32" tv monitor.  But I noticed it introduces a little noise to my speakers.  Has anyone else had this happen and if so any fixes besides different computer monitors?

Thanks

Are you sure it's the speakers? Could be something else on the signal path.

The problem is most likely a crappy PSU talking to another crappy PSU.

I guess your TV's cheapo switching PSU (they all cut corners there) talks to another badly isolated linear PSU (some audio gear of yours).

I had the same problem with our fridge talking through the powerlines to my mixer. Turns out the mixer had the crappiest cheapo PSU ever. I completely rebuilt it, problem solved. Fridge still churns out shite to the mains but the mixer ignores it now.

ok, I will see if I can find a crappy audio PSU that could use some upgrade.  I have a feeling most of mine are already upgraded.  I do have the audio and the computer/tv monitor on separate circuits. I thought that would help.

32" ? Size matters.

Flat screen also emits crap both conducted and radiated. Conducted can be resolved as Kingston said but radiated means you have no choice but to move your speakers away from it.

well, I tested it by moving the monitor about 5 feet away and it still made noise.  Do I need to go further?  Either way if that's it I'm screwed. 

Thanks for the help.  I've worked in a number of studios that all have similar set ups and none of them have this kind of problem so I am think it might be something that can be fixed if I can find it!

What happens when you disconnect the screen from the computer?
If there is still noise then, it means it produces conducted EMI and should be replaced. Can you arrange to try another model?

Five feet is a well reasonable distance for radiated. I'll second Abbey. Try by plugging it into a seperate wall socket from your audio.

Latest posts

Back