PYE Compressor/Limiter Thread *boards shipping* BOM up!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BAH thanks for reminding me.  I will add that to the document - but essentially you're going to marry pin 1 on each board to each other with the switch and the same with the second pin.

Cheers-top work-I guess the phasing is important with T4 pri/sec. I figured the bottom of each pair pin 2&4 counting downwards is hot. Using Jensen 10K61-1M as side chain and output-nearly there...

@moltenwok I think it matters more if you're not using 1:1.  This is the side chain trasnformer and I believe effects the ratio amount more than the audio itself, phase here I don't think would even matter since the side chain is only feeding the chopping circuit and doesn't "interact" with the audio passing through.

sr1200 said:
@moltenwok I think it matters more if you're not using 1:1.  This is the side chain trasnformer and I believe effects the ratio amount more than the audio itself, phase here I don't think would even matter since the side chain is only feeding the chopping circuit and doesn't "interact" with the audio passing through.

Thank you for your build document, very helpful!

Curious what your choice of transformers were in which positions.

Mark

A little more information on these Pre-trimmed pots please.

Are they ones with dual values indicated on the PWA? or something else?

Is there going to be an alignment procedure?

Thank you.

The pre trim value is to the right of the POT value in the BOM (if there is no value, you set it later on... ie: power supply, you need to trim to get your 18-24v)  The release trim is a personal preference, you need to play with it to see what you like. (i left mine in the middle, its plenty aggressive for me).  Im still trying to figure out the meter trim adjustment, since mine doesn't seem to do much of anything, may be a board mistake, or i made a mistake on the build.  (if i did err its certainly not effecting the sound).  If thats what you're talking about regarding the alignment procedure, we're in the same boat of the unknown.

Hi

I'm interested to know what people have been using for the T3 option.  Or if the majority have been using the IC option?

Anyone done an A/B between the two? 

I used these compressors years ago, I had forgotten about how cool they can sound, looking forward to getting a pair in rack. 

Thanks Abe.

I copied Anthony's cart & updated it to include enough knobs for a stereo unit
the cart is here - https://ca.mouser.com/ProjectManager/ProjectDetail.aspx?State=EDIT&ProjectGUID=21765FC6-F15D-4DA2-B601-0CF69821FEC6

This mouser link doesn't work for me? Is this finger trouble or broken links? 

Please be sure to double check the 150 electrolytic caps so that you get the 50v's (and keep 4 16vs for a stereo build) if youre going to use my cart.

I got my 50V replacement caps, but they are just too big a footprint for the board IMHO. Im ordering some 35V versions. I dont see any reason for them not to be sufficient for this application even with the rail set to 22V.

Good point. Ive got them anyway, just do as you said and float them.

Do you think we will ever see a schematic that matches the board?

sr1200 said:
Please be sure to double check the 150 electrolytic caps so that you get the 50v's (and keep 4 16vs for a stereo build) if youre going to use my cart.

Thanks used your cart. 

The board layout doesn't allow for a cap that size on the TOP since other components are too close.  If you're able to source a cap with that rating that will fit in the given size, then there should be no problem.  I put the cap on the bottom since i was going to be using larger standoffs in the 2u case.  (thought this was explained earlier in the thread)  But just in case... there ya go.

Did you get the metering debugged?

Im still chugging along on my slow build. Boards are done less the Cinemags. Working on the physical layout of PS, boards, transformers bypass boards etc. Going to use stepped attenuators (pots) for input and output controls.

Today I hope to finish the anti-rotation plates that go under all the rotary controls. I know most people just lop off that stud and solider on, but im a little OCD about that stuff, LOL. Same with mounting the controls to the face plate and shortening all the shafts so the knobs fit just so....

Latest posts

Back