is there a less expensive version of this

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
abechap024 said:
pucho812 said:
wondering if anyone knows of a less $$$ version of something like this

Yes... there is...you just haven't built it yet!

true diy spirit. rock on.

Edit: forgot to mention there is one over at  a studio on their mains... It's cool but 5k.  if they ever had to replace it was asked to figure out a more cost effective version. BSS makes a ncie one for 1200 dollars, EV makes one as well. The only thing the KT has over all of them is that it's a 4 way... Not worth the extra dollars

strangeandbouncy said:
Hi Pucho,

XTA is used by Quested, so it must be the mutts nuts . . . . . .

ANdyP

kilmister said:
How about BSS Soundweb?
XTA's are damn good as well.

-Paavo

I have seen some BBS stuff. their dpr902 was killer. As for their soundweb stuff, looked into it...

The XTA on the other hand looks great and the whole software gui for a computer is awesome. Electro voice makes a 3 way that is nice, fairly inexpensive(800-900 dollars) and has a usb connection to interface with the XP software for the unit. It's cool but only a 3 way. I have no intention  of actually using it as a 4 way except on the occasion for the times a sub is needed. Which is why I really like that XTA. The Original unit, the klark teknik, is a 4 way as wellbut 5000 dollars is way out of league or budget. That's why the XTA is looking like the winner.  The fact quested uses it as well is a plus. I have always liked quested monitors as no matter how loud it was I never heard them sound distored or anything other then clean. I normally do not monitor real loud but whatever back to the topic at hand.

XTA makes this

http://www.audiocore.co.uk/products-dp548.html

Looks like a winner, now I gotta find a dealer in the u.s. and a price...

found a dealer and is getting a price quote.

strangeandbouncy said:
Pucho,

. . . . .you could try Behringer . . . . .

not kidding btw . . .

ANdyP

yeah and then I will hug and kiss some poisonous snakes. ;D 

on a more serious note.

most units I have looked at are 3 way. the 4 way is a better option as it leaves room for a sub of so desired.  the ashley looks good from a price to feature sound point. I am sure the xta will sonicly be way better though.  good thing I don't have to pay for it.

The Behringer is standard issue for high dollar hi-fi installs, with some mods.  Just keep a spare or too in the closet. 

Hmrrrmm... I dunno what it costs yet, no doubt also fairly expensive.  But Meyer now has a 4x8 version of their Galileo processor.  Real badass speaker management, though meant to be used with their self-amplified stuff so there's no limiters and the crossover stuff is very minimal.

Nah.  Probably not what you want, since you're not planning on hanging a line array in the control room, right?  ;D

Scodiddly said:
Hmrrrmm... I dunno what it costs yet, no doubt also fairly expensive.  But Meyer now has a 4x8 version of their Galileo processor.  Real badass speaker management, though meant to be used with their self-amplified stuff so there's no limiters and the crossover stuff is very minimal.

Nah.  Probably not what you want, since you're not planning on hanging a line array in the control room, right?   ;D

very funny. no line array but a 3 way with option for sub...

Latest posts

Back