Classic Audio Vp25 PCb Yamaha Pm2000/1516 500 Mic Pre Project

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurch

The Beginning

Hi have a bunch of parts from a decisioned Yamaha Console that I am trying to put on Pair of Classic Audio VP25 500 Series Cards / full kits.I have seen some variations of the Yamaha and some retro fit pre amps done with these parts.I am going to give it a go as the Classic Audio and Jeff's kits are great . I have done some 312 Style pres already as my first DIY project for dummies.The Yamaha  project is not exactly the same as it uses Yamaha NE 8200 Op Amp , Tamura input Transformers GA80980, and Output TAM GA81720 transformers .( 600:600 I think)I am not sure what further changes I need to make it run properly on the Classic Audio VP25 Card .I have seen a couple done but am unsure about some the challenges and values to build with these parts.I know I need to find a schematic for the Pm2000 zobble network( seems like the easiest way to go and that network was designed to work with the components I am putting in the VP 25 circuit) I hope it is the first step needed to match the Yamaha Op Amp etc to the Classic Audio VP25 PCB board .I have been told that I need to change a few resistor Values as well ,but am unsure about what ones and why. Also is there anything else that I need to be aware of or watch out for when substituting these parts?Thanks ,just getting it going and trying to make the Yamaha Transformers fit or mount( to glue or not to glue?
Not sure how to mount the Tamura input transformer ,Looking for wiring diagram of it and advice on these Op Amps running at 16 Volts rather then at 24 volts, what I think is normal for the Yamaha NE 8200 Op Amp
Does anyone have an experience with this project idea? ThanksTons

I think the yamaha opamp are speced to run at +/-24....at least thats what I have mine at in my pres I made out of them....sound nice

Do a search for Yamaha and member KHStudio. He's built lots of stuff with yamaha parts.

I changed my plan to Classic Audio 51 X - 312 Boards is the way to go They have the 16 and 24 volt option jumpers.I ma still working out how to use the Yamaha parts, mounting etc.If anyone has any idof or ideas I would be great full.The new 51x 500 Series 11 Space racks are perfect for this project and have a much better power supply build and with options to facilitate more styles of pre amps.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back