Super proud of new album!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riggler

I just wanted to share the coolest experience. Finally finished my good friends (Chris and Billy) CD: Maybe Tomorrow, Billy Bauer Band.
We got it mastered at Sterling Sound in NYC and I was able to attend the session there. Dave McNair mastered it and it was such an awesome experience. He really brought out width, punch, and definition to the mixes.

Anyway, I'm really stoked about how it turned out, lots of DIY gear used in recording and mixing, from preamps, to compressors, and headphone amps. And, I really really love their music, hope you will too!

You can check out samples at:
http://www.billybauerband.com/music/

I'd love any feedback you guys have. Favorite songs are So Far Down and Better Days. I am still yearning for that last degree of separation / definition / width in my mixes, and I'm wondering if I should be looking at analog summing. Dave pointed out some great plugins and showed me a couple great ITB mixes that blew me away. So, maybe it is in my workflow after all. But, just looking for suggestions on that front.

Need to say thanks to all the great people here, wouldn't be making good sounds without you...

Sterling sound...nice..
one of my favourite band mastered with them and the album was huge!
Good luck!

Sounds great, nice job riggler. What diy gear did you use if you don't mind sharing? Anything in particular standing out as your fave?
best
Chris

Hey Chrisp,

Great River MP2, G9, Gus-mod MXL603S mics, DIY headphone amp, didn't get my SB4000 done in time, so had to use plugs for that... :-(
Thanks man!

Can't say enough how versatile the G9 is. It's beautiful for recording bass through the DI, perfect as a stereo preamp for drum overheads, awesome for vocal recording....

riggler said:
Can't say enough how versatile the G9 is. It's beautiful for recording bass through the DI, perfect as a stereo preamp for drum overheads, awesome for vocal recording....

Thats good to hear, mine is starting to get close to completion!  :)
cheers
C

Back