Brilliant idea or colossal waste of time?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denyle Guitars

I'm still undecided but I'll share anyway. I made a few free-standing and a few wall hanging ones.

gobo1.jpg

Looking at my guitars propped up against chairs and my rack, I think it's a very cool idea! The added acoustic treatment is a big bonus as well. Nice work!

what were you thinking? waste of time. that's so bad I'll take them off your hands. Obviously I am making a joke.

Those things are very nice.  great use of form and function.

Friend of mine who owns a guitar shop also started doing this very same thing several years ago.  We had a studio upstairs and had numerous large acoustic panels.  Most were from schools/libraries and a bit dry to the eye - aluminum borders and burlapish looking cloth coverings.  However, several were built with nice darkly stained pine frames and covered with crushed red velvet.  Something possessed him and - viola! - guitar hangers were mounted and guitars were hung.

I say good bang for the buck thinking.  After all, you now have covered 3 bases in one move:

1) Looks good

2) serves practical purpose - guitar hanger (and saves an extra hole in the wall)

3) protection.  If it's mounted straight to the wall and bumped, the body could bang against the wall

Guitar hangers in general are a great idea around a studio.  Too many ways for them to get knocked over in a stand - tripping on cables etc ..

I was thinking all of those things exactly. The no holes in walls clause was the catalyst and knowing I needed panels anyway, it all made perfect sense. The space savings is nice too. I knew I couldn't have been the only one to do this. I must admit, I'm glad to have them all finished. The project was more time consuming than I expected. A broken sawing machine and incarcerated paint guy will do that. ;D

Latest posts

Back