utc transformer w/ ampex part #

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilebee

does anyone know what the transformer might be ? the Ampex part # is 6299 and its obvously utc its the same size as an HA series Anyone ?

Happy New Year

Wil

Wilebee

can you take a pic?

im talking more about how they are layed out... some have em in a circular pattern with the groun lug in the middle... others are different

Don't confuse GTC for UTC. GTC's were Ampex OEM xt's; GTC never offered product to the public. Hit me with a pic, I can probably ID it.

Hard to tell. I am hearing about some strange things that went on back then. Like Peerless x-formers ending up ind Chicago Transformer cans and vice-versa. Companies used whatever they had back then.
UTC would be pins 1-11 in a circle. Peerless usually had a smaller circle with maybe a pin in the middle.
Ohm it out.
Figure roughly 70 ohms per henry on the pri and 35 ohms per on the secondary for UTC stuff.
Put it on a scope and get some voltage ratios. You will have either an input/output x-former, or a 600:600 bridging. Maybe an innerstage, but rare.

Back