50GB of Free backup and share space for your recording projects

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DigitalMetal

Hey Everyone !

Just thought id post this here as nobody seemed to mention it yet,

Theres a new company called Gobbler who are offering 50GB of free online space along with an auto backup piece of software specifically design for pro audio applications,

The software scans your chosen hard drive(s) and finds project file formats from all the most popular DAW software such as ProTools, Digital Performer,Cubase, Logic, Ableton Live, Reason etc etc and backs up the project file ans associate audio files etc etc to online cloud servers (actually uses Amazons military grade secure servers).
You then have a safe backup away from your studio that you can access and share with collaborators anywhere, the up and download speeds are claimed to be faster than FTP and much more secure.

Go check it out and sign up for an account before the 27th of June and you get 50GB of free space after then it will be only 25GB so sign up now even if you might not use it yet.

Right now its Mac only but a window app is on the way very shortly so again still worth signing up now if you are a windows user.

Follow this link to sign up and read a bit more about it,

http://www.gobbler.com/i/YxYCa-w

Cheers !

Neil

or you can use this link too.
http://www.gobbler.com/i/Yfe6VJ
:) ;)

I'm going to give it a try but you must need ridiculous bandwidth.

haha,
Basically if five new users sign up through one of the links we posted, we get 10Gb extra storage.
bun fight on!

I can just imagine the people behind the "gobbler" idea just want o scour the uploaded files for new sample a beats for their sample packs :) ;)

"By submitting, uploading, posting or displaying the content you give Gobbler a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, translate, publish, store, and distribute any Content which you submit, upload, post or display on or through, the Services"

:/

ej_whyte said:
"By submitting, uploading, posting or displaying the content you give Gobbler a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, translate, publish, store, and distribute any Content which you submit, upload, post or display on or through, the Services"

:/
Where did u find that?
Its T&C state:-
Gobbler acknowledges and agrees that it obtains no right, title or interest from you under this Agreement in or to any Content that you submit, post, transmit or display on, or through, the Services, including any intellectual property rights which subsist in that Content (whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist). Unless you have agreed otherwise in writing with Gobbler, you agree that you are responsible for protecting and enforcing those rights and that Gobbler has no obligation to do so on your behalf.

-------
I tried the service out and it seams horrifically slow.
Drobbox etc is much faster for me...
Also the interface is pretty poor so far.

9.a in the terms of service. I didn't see that other bit you've quoted, a bit confused now over whether they do have rights or not :s

Ah, i see it now...
Hmm, there's a question on their forum about the same thing. Seams they're not to  hot on the legal stuff. :-\

Hi Group DIY community!

I'm Andrew, the community/artist guy at Gobbler. Just saw this post & I'd like to take a sec to answer some Q's & address some concerns I saw on this thread.  I'll start with a quick update on where we're at at Gobbler.  We recently raised 2 million dollars in our A-Round to build out the platform even further. Some of our investors include John Frankel of ff Ventures, Black Ocean Group as well as Dan Rose, the VP of platform at Facebook. We also just launched our paid pricing model & we are now offering 5GB freemium accounts. 

I certainly understand that some people are concerned about putting their projects in the cloud, and that is absolutely a decision that should be made carefully as there are many options for cloud backup.  With that said, we have a userbase of 40,000 audio pro's and media creators, which is comprised of some of the most famous producers/engineers in the world. These media creators trust us to house their most precious projects in the Gobbler|Amazon cloud. We have added security such as military-grade client-side encryption as well as a multi-factor authentication option. 

We also have no intention of using your projects or samples in your project for sample libraries or anything like that. Chris Kantrowitz, the founder of Gobbler has addressed this issue here.
http://community.gobbler.com/gobbler/topics/question_about_your_terms_of_service.

Almost everyone at Gobbler is a media creator and we are all about being transparent & working alongside the community to build a better service.

Thanks for participating in the above discussion!

Cheers,
Andrew
Community Manager + Artist Relations
Gobbler.com

I would feel better once the terms of service reflected something I could trust...not just what a dude on the interwebs told me.

Once had a guy at verizon tell me that I'd be paying X amount per month for services, then it ended up being another (before taxes, mind you...) turns out nothing they tell you in the store is binding in any way. (but we all knew that, how else could they sell you services?) They simply "mis-spoke"

So, yeah...fix that and I'll bite. I'm sick of duplicating my drives...

Latest posts

Back