P2P Redd 47 - a few questions

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jonathanmorbin said:
So are you saying that I need to increase the voltage going in to the 0a2 by changing the resistors before (lowering the value?) so that my current draw is closer to 30mA? Would this hopefully stop the regulators from going off?
That is a possibility. Are you using the version with 3 or 4 1k resistors? What's your unreg DC voltage?

abbey road d enfer said:
jonathanmorbin said:
So are you saying that I need to increase the voltage going in to the 0a2 by changing the resistors before (lowering the value?) so that my current draw is closer to 30mA? Would this hopefully stop the regulators from going off?
That is a possibility. Are you using the version with 3 or 4 1k resistors? What's your unreg DC voltage?

It is the 4 1K resistor version. Pretty much exactly as the Poweramp layout described in this thread i think on page 2. I have 299V at the 0A2 pin 1, going backwards on the 1 k resistors i have , 321.7V, 345V,369V and 392V. I have two 47uF caps, a 22uF cap, and a 30uf cap.

I noticed a difference from the original schematic and the layout that i have done is that the first two filter caps have a 1k resistor across it as well as a direct link. Mine does not have the direct link just the 1K resistor.

When i disconnect the feed going to the regulator i have 422V at all the points described above.

jonathanmorbin said:

Yes, which is why I suggested measuring the voltage across the 1K resistor.

Cheers

Ian

thanks for your help on this one guys. much appreciated. I added the link wire that was missing and i now have 27.5mA. It has stopped popping/turning off now and sounds great. Is 27.5mA good to stick with or would you possibly suggest tweaking a bit more to achieve 30mA?

Back