DIY Troubleshooting/Repair Help in Houston TX?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randyman...

Hello,

Do any of you know someone in the Greater Houston TX area that might be willing to look at a D-LA2A with a GR issue on CH#2?

I'm rather green at troubleshooting this stuff, and still very timid around +450V, so I haven't gotten very far in my own troubleshooting (been sitting on my bench for like 3 months now!).  CH#2 passes audio, and CH#2's Gain Reduction knob does affect CH#1's GR meter when "Stereo Linked" - so it appears CH#2's sidechain is working correctly, but CH#2 won't give me any GR (just a bit of distortion).  Swapping Tubes and T4B's across channels has no effect.  I tried asking for help in the thread, but again I'm noobish at troubleshooting and timid around these voltages (rather play it safe so I can live to make music for another day!).  More details upon request.  Likely something silly I just can't see with my own eyes...

Might need a hand or two with the TG Limiter once I tackle that, too (not very well documented for a noob!)...

I have a few leads on others that will look at my unit for a sizeable fee, but they are all out of state, and shipping + insurance is not cheap for this behemoth so I'd like to stay local if at all possible.

Thanks from the bottom of this noob's heart!  8)

Back