Any KarlHeinz Stockhausen freaks here ? Equipment related

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andre tchmil

I own 2 graphic EQ's as shown in the picture and want to let go to someone who really cares about this stuff.
PM me for further info.

To the moderators : I hope you don't mind I post this here , but these pieces of equipment are so unique, just google for Albis 502/74 and Albis 502/72

Scroll down for a full photo set on Flickr

Attachments

• Karlheinz_Stockhausen_stockhausen_original.jpg
    Karlheinz_Stockhausen_stockhausen_original.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 112
I attended Stockhausen's last ever performance as conductor in the UK, at the Royal Festival Hall. The orchestra performed 3 separate compositions simultaneously, each with different time signatures! I consider myself pretty fortunate to have attended his last gig. It was quite a moving experience.

Justin

Andre,

They look wonderful!  I'm not a Stockhausen fan but I admire your wish that they go to someone who will really value them.  That's the spirit this place is built on.  Can you tell us anything about the topology?  LC based?  Can't help but wonder how they would sound in a mastering application.

Cheers,
Ruairi

Hi Andre,

Thanks for the pictures, they look amazing, beautiful workmanship.  So these are LC based graphic eqs?  Do you have any links that you could share, google is getting me nowhere.  I'm curious about what they are and how they sound.

Thanks!
Ruairi

Well yes I'm a stockhausen fan (I have a pile of his scores in my bathroom as I love perusing them 'on the can' and I'm about to give some workshops on his electronic music, how he created his scores and how we can realise them today. Whilst I'd love these they should go to a museum that has an early electronic music laboratory and there are a few of them in Europe I believe.  Sadly I've never visited one but I have seen photos.

I'll echo the suggestion that they belong in a museum. Having said that, depending on price, I probably know people who'd buy them. I guess it depends on whether you want them in a glass display case, not being used - or in a studio rack, processing samples and the like (in the spirit of Stockhausen, I suppose).

Tough call. I reckon Funky Junk London would be worth a call. They're obviously going to be in it for a profit, but if any outfit has sold some before, it'll be them. They might offer to broker a deal, whereby they take a percentage of the sale.

Justin

How they sound , I don't know. I need to find a step down transformer first. 220V
They are from 1962 and had been sitting in their hard wooden crate kinda flight case ever since it seems.
L-C based cutting filters with a gain make up master section. Pictures follow soon.

thermionic said:
I'll echo the suggestion that they belong in a museum. Having said that, depending on price, I probably know people who'd buy them. I guess it depends on whether you want them in a glass display case, not being used - or in a studio rack, processing samples and the like (in the spirit of Stockhausen, I suppose).

Tough call. I reckon Funky Junk London would be worth a call. They're obviously going to be in it for a profit, but if any outfit has sold some before, it'll be them. They might offer to broker a deal, whereby they take a percentage of the sale.

Justin

Bring them to a Museum ?  Aaaahh ethical dillemma here , but I'm not Bill gates.
I bought them on a surplus market , way before the ebay boom. Together with some lookalike V76/U73 modules.
God knows what was more there.

A full photo set can be found here.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/66411430@N05/sets/72157627447426610/

I'm trying to remember the museum that a friend showed me pictures of.  It was the kind of museum that allowed access and maintained the equipment in an active electronic music laboratory.  Definitely not a behind the glass look but dont touch museum.  And on the money side all museums that I know of pay for their exhibits and whilst I'm sure they would take donations I'm also certain that you could negotiate a price.

any one who has an orchestra playing 3 different compositions is worth checking out. I'll have to do that. reminds of a piece I wrote that was a guitar duet for 2 unfriendly groups of guitars.

Those eq's look like a work of art. do they have a brand name or were they a custom job? wow so beautiful.

pucho812 said:
any one who has an orchestra playing 3 different compositions is worth checking out. I'll have to do that. reminds of a piece I wrote that was a guitar duet for 2 unfriendly groups of guitars.

Those eq's look like a work of art. do they have a brand name or were they a custom job? wow so beautiful.

Brand name is Albiswerk Zurich . Type Albis 502/74 and 502/72.

A good idea could be to shoot a link for this thread / photos to Oliver Archut. I reckon he is likely to have a very relevant opinon on them, technically and in terms of value. Sean Davies is also probably worth getting in touch with - you should be able to get his contact info via the AES UK website.

Justin

thermionic said:
A good idea could be to shoot a link for this thread / photos to Oliver Archut. I reckon he is likely to have a very relevant opinon on them, technically and in terms of value. Sean Davies is also probably worth getting in touch with - you should be able to get his contact info via the AES UK website.

Justin

nice idea, thanks

Woa. Just saw the pictures. Dat's crazy. 2% capacitors. Uberprecision inductors.
Absolutely crazy switches! Ordnung!!!!

Back