uploading music

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skal1

Ok lads,

i have just finish a mix for a friend of mine , and now he wants to upload the mix to a music site for sale .

The mix is 16bit 44k.  i was wondering what software  should i be using to convert the file to an mpeg and at what conversion rate so i to keep the track sounding as close to the original as possible.

Thanks

skal1

Pardon me, I know it sounds lame, but ...

http://lame.sourceforge.net/

From what I know, most people would convert to - minimum now is 160kpbs(use to be 128kpbs) for general purpose music and 320kpbs for best quality, like gear test samples or the avid listeners. I think this is due to MP3 players now having larger storage that 160kpbs is used more often for general purpose.

Google MP3 converters. You could also use iTunes. It has an import conversion feature which I use in converting AIFF, WAV, CD Audio to MP3 format.

Some of the linux based audio tools are getting pretty good these days. I am considering putting together a dedicated linux DAW with a storage drive that I can lock to word clock and timecode...

I'll be checking out mixbus for this. It's been a while since I used Ardour but I had it running several years ago on both linux and OSX when they first started providing OSX builds. I would recommend the linux port of the system since it was specifically designed with linux as the primary target platform although I am sure the OSX system is in line with the linux system now.

Also, if you use the app don't forget to donate to the developers. Last time I checked there is one primary guy who develops the system and that is his primary gig.

Cheers,
jb

Back