Anyone tried these microphone capsules?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do a Google search for ZAPNSPARK and RK-47.  You should get directed to a thread on Yahoo mic builders that has some interesting sound samples and discussions.

They're definitely not Chinese. They're made by a guy named Kevin who seems to really know his stuff and is happy to share his knowledge. I'm definitely going to try one out when I get around to my mic project(s).

I have one currently installed in a home brew LDC using the km 84 circuit. Sounds gorgeous! I had some sound files up somewhere that I recorded when I had it installed in an Apex 435. Sounded pretty good in there too.

I just installed one of their RK-12 capsules in an apex 460 along with a tube swap.  So far so good,  will be recording vocs soon, male and female, will test it out more then and report back.  ChrisP

Very interested to hear about both......

does this look like a K47 copy capsule to you guys

http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2232213770103387484JBkpmj

Was thinking about buying a rk47 then I got this....its all brass.....

Well I got RK47 tried it very quickly with MK47 electronics & for now head basket from a solid tube.........Result... I like the sound I think it was worth the money, I have no real U47 to compare sadly...BUT I have a Vin 67 lollypop over 600 pounds currently at Thomann.....& I cant say one is better than the other just different.....so Im pleased

As for my Lomo capsule it just doesnt sound very good I wonder if there is a fault, I did get it cheap, I wonder if it could be re skinned....
By the way I read that K47 capsule reskinners refuse to re skin THIS RK47... its 3 microns diaphram thick & missing spacers making it less like a real K47.......I dont care as it was cheap & I like the sound .....very interested in the RK12 & still interested to hear something thats even closer to a real K47........never satified

Waiting for 5840 tube in the post to build a quick Royer style circuit to try with RK47.......

Thanks, after I posted I looked more and found a place that sells similar type. I was hoping to find local, but found a place with free shipping on small sizes of tubing only have to cut to size.

Meathands said:
They're definitely not Chinese. They're made by a guy named Kevin who seems to really know his stuff and is happy to share his knowledge. I'm definitely going to try one out when I get around to my mic project(s).
You know this how?

Very good question. Lately, I've seen a growing tendency to shamelessly market microphone capsules by faking-the-origin. It's almost like it's considered legit.

A rather worrying tendency - specially for genuine small-scale manufacturers

Jakob E.

I haveno clue where it's from, but I installed one pf the RK47's as a cardiod in an early SP C1 I hadn't used for years, and I'm feeling a whole lot of love for it now ;)

bockaudio said:
Meathands said:
You know this how?
If you look on their webpage they state that the capsules are made in China. So maybe some Kevin in China know his stuff :)
Still curious about the RK12 capsule. Any samples yet?

Oh, I was wrong. Must have misunderstood some sentence. Doh.

But I have proof that it is made in China :)
http://www.wgt1979.com/en/productsd.php?pid=65
Or could I be wrong again???

Back