Anyone tried these microphone capsules?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
telefunk said:
Just in case you haven't figured out, I'm a mod...
Of course I have, that's why I wrote that maybe you should just make the decision if there was any reason to report or not and not start to publicly spread Johan reports. That's why I wrtote: "Otherwise, Johan would have probably written a reply"
So you're supposing Johan could be concerned by having his reports exposed publicly?
I reckon you can see I've given him an opportunity to reply...
Yes, after you have already published his reports that were sent to you.
Well, he's questioning publicly the integrity of two respected members - it's interesting to note that his latest post has been deleted in the meantime -, it's only fair that he responds publicly.
I think you're misunderstanding. I'm in no way affiliated with m-parts.
Why would I think you would be affiliated with them?
Because of what you wrote! "you know, if your products are far superior to these you shouldn't have anything to be worried about."

Now, I think we should stop debating. Johan is big enough to answer this; if he doesn't wish to, it's his privilege, if he wants, he's welcome to express his opinions openly. If he thinks m-parts or marik are liers or crooks, he should say so and prove it or remain silent. Snitching won't help.

Because of what you wrote! "you know, if your products are far superior to these you shouldn't have anything to be worried about."

See, I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to the people who are selling these capsules: m-parts etc. who bothered that some were buying them from some chinese seller directly. "The Microphone-Parts.com business was started in order to provide high-quality capsules that were not previously available to modders and the DIY crowd. So sad to see this effort "rewarded" by folks trying to save a few bucks"

Whatever.

micaddict said:
Without going into contents, telefunk's post was very plain and clear to me.
FWIW.

Nice to know that at least somebody understood what I wrote. I didn't think that my message was THAT unclear. Two sentencies addressed to the moderator and the last paragraph about the people who were offended by the groupbuy.

But like I said, whatever.

telefunk said:
micaddict said:
Without going into contents, telefunk's post was very plain and clear to me.
FWIW.
Nice to know that at least somebody understood what I wrote. I didn't think that my message was THAT unclear. Two sentencies addressed to the moderator and the last paragraph about the people who were offended by the groupbuy.
That wasn't so clear. Usage when addressing different persons in a single post is to start the sentence with: Quote john doe or @john doe or John Doe, blah-blah...
The way you wrote it was ambiguous, to say the least.

@micaddict:  you're better than me at deciphering.

:)
Thanks.

I see third persons in the first two paragraphs and second person in the third paragraph. But the latter I read as being generic ("you" and "your" sometimes are that) although mparts could of course be filled in there. Never gave it a second thought. Well, initially that is. LOL

Hey, but maybe I got it all wrong. English is not my mother tongue.

Anyway, let's not make too much of this. Let's talk capsules. :D

telefunk said:
Other than that I don't see what is the problem of organizing a small group buy from a chinese supplier. If it turns out that the capsules are rotten sh*t, most probably there won't be more group buys on those after this, you know, if your products are far superior to these you shouldn't have anything to be worried about.

Indeed, there is nothing wrong with group buy... in appropriate commercial part of the forum. The forum rules say:

3. Topics involving the exchange of money should be kept only to the Black Market or White Market.

Last I checked, any "buy" already by definition DO involve exchange of money, so it seems posting it in the "Microphone" section is against the rules of the forum.

This is besides the point that this "group buy" is off topic to existing discussion and against the Internet etiquette.

But then, I am not a moderator, so correct me if I am wrong. 

telefunk said:
If it turns out that the capsules are rotten sh*t, most probably there won't be more group buys on those after this, you know, if your products are far superior to these you shouldn't have anything to be worried about.

There are two points here: 1) As I indicated above, there had to be no group buy affair in this section of the forum, to start with, and 2) Without any proof the group buy initiator assumed (on the grounds "they look similar") that his/hers capsules are the same and were coming from the same source that m-parts. As such, s/he implied that his/hers capsules of the same quality than those of m-parts. I think that had to be proven first, instead of "if it turns out" approach.

In my opinion, there is another part of this, which is, clearly microphone-parts.com is relatively new company and builds its reputation. From my experience they bring excellent products to the market and their main concern is quality. Then what happens, instead of discussing their products and supporting them (after all, they serve and benefit our community) this thread essentially turns into using the m-part product discussion as a spring board, essentially saying: "Hey folks! Screw m-parts and their products! We can do better, bringing the same sh*t cheaper and from the same source(!!!)"

I think that would be a good time to think about simple norms of ethics and etiquette.

Best, M

Indeed, there is nothing wrong with group buy... in appropriate commercial part of the forum. The forum rules say:

3. Topics involving the exchange of money should be kept only to the Black Market or White Market.

Last I checked, any "buy" already by definition DO involve exchange of money, so it seems posting it in the "Microphone" section is against the rules of the forum.

This is besides the point that this "group buy" is off topic to existing discussion and against the Internet etiquette.

But then, I am not a moderator, so correct me if I am wrong. 

Many threads start as a casual chat and later turn into a groupbuy. If it's such a problem, then, moderators can just move it to BM. 

Without any proof the group buy initiator assumed (on the grounds "they look similar") that his/hers capsules are the same and were coming from the same source that m-parts. As such, s/he implied that his/hers capsules of the same quality than those of m-parts. I think that had to be proven first, instead of "if it turns out" approach.

In my opinion, there is another part of this, which is, clearly microphone-parts.com is relatively new company and builds its reputation. From my experience they bring excellent products to the market and their main concern is quality. Then what happens, instead of discussing their products and supporting them (after all, they serve and benefit our community) this thread essentially turns into using the m-part product discussion as a spring board, essentially saying: "Hey folks! Screw m-parts and their products! We can do better, bringing the same sh*t cheaper and from the same source(!!!)"

I think that would be a good time to think about simple norms of ethics and etiquette.

Well, FWIW, the CK12-looking capsule sold by M-parts looks indeed absolutely identical, to the CK12 capsule of this groupbuy. Maybe it's just coincidence, I have no idea. Secondly, like I said, if M-parts quality control is as good as they claim they should have nothing to be worried about.

In these times, the quality of your product is the only way to compete in business, there is/will be always bunch of others willing to sell cheaper than others, but customers are more and more willing to put in more money for quality. Quality wins in the long run.

On the other hand, don't get me wrong, I DO understand your point about "spring board", as this thread started innocently with an exact question about m-parts capsules. But I think the problem was more with the style than the actual issue of trying out some chinese capsules. If this thread would have just started like "hey, here's some weird chinese capsules, who want's to try out?!" and without any notions to M-parts, it would have been ok for everybody. Me thinks.

Anyway, peace

Many threads start as a casual chat and later turn into a groupbuy. If it's such a problem, then, moderators can just move it to BM. 
The moderators are kind enough to volunteer to help run the forum. It is every member's responsibility to know the forum rules and abide by them.
The moderators are not here to clean the toilets. Let's be a little more respectful of them and the rules of the forum. There was clearly a violation here since the group buy happened in a thread not in the marketplace (I bought three capsules - I'm guilty too). But let's all just go forward trying to get along, keep threads in the lab free of $, and treat others with respect.

This thread was already going by the time the new groupbuy rules were sorted out...I think. Anyway, yes good idea to keep it all organized. Will help everyone in the long run.

Thanks to everyone involved in the groupbuy, i know as DIY folk we sometime (automatically) mark ourselves against the "big bad corporations or buisness", thinking that we can do it more inexpensive and better then them. Sometimes forgeting that, hey its just other people just trying to make a daily living and bring good products to the table.

These capsules are readily available on the internet, and like it or not the internet has surely changed the way people do buisness. The capsules I got from the group buy were definielty "OK". Maybe a little step up from the chinese capsule that was in the mic already, maybe it was just the placebo of changing it. Point being they weren't AMAZING. (Still definitly worth it, so thank you)

I haven't had the pleasure of trying out the commercial capsules from M-parts, though probably will at some point in the future. If the quality is what everyone is saying it is (which I'm sure it is) then they have nothing to worry about, like was said before, people will respect the quality.

But I'm glad it was made clear that they are different, I for one would've just assumed they were because they look so much a like, but good to know! Learn soemthing new everyday and it is a day not wasted.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back