Sonimus Satson plugin

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rybow

Anybody tried this out? I just got it last night for $39. Basically doing the console emulation thing. Saturation, crosstalk, and VU metering plus some other goodies. A big plus is it is much cheaper than similar options.

I have only done a few tests using it on a couple of works in progress. The effect is really nice to my ears. Nice and subtle, but really helps bring the mix to life. Love the Fat switch. Anyone put this to some serious mix action?

I bought it when it first was available. I am using it on every track for gain staging and filtering while mixing some projects which were already recorded. It does what it says, and I like it a lot.

Full disclosure: I own VCC.

I've tried both before buying VCC.

I found the Satson to add pleasing harmonics to various tracks, but it was pretty heavy handed and a bit cloudy sounding.

VCC is much more subtle and actually responds more like a console dynamically. It also gives you a number of choices in terms of console emulation and harmonic overdrive possibilities. I found it much more usable for the type of tracks I'm working on. I generally will put a bus emu on all the subs and master and in most cases forego the channel emu unless it's verb FX returns or VSTi's.

Yes, it's more $$ but worth it imo.

Mark

Hey Mark,

Thanks for that. I haven't had the chance to try VCC yet, but it is causing quite a stir online. I am also interested to see if Soundtoyz Juice will raise the bar in this arena. The choice of console sounds is a nice feature for sure.

Still haven't had the chance to really apply Satson, but I still think it adds something really nice. I had a kick drum going at one point that was clipping one of the channel instances. Created a very interested crackly distortion. I liked it! I also really like the HP and LP filters. For the dough, I think it's a pretty good deal for getting into console emulation type plugins.

Back