APHEX 207D

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piotr

Hi !

I bought a second hand an Aphex 207D preamp which had a "hidden" fault, always a pleasure to buy stuff from gentlemen.

Anyway, the preamps seem to be working normally, the only issue being the inability to change the clock source.
So I opened the box, spotted 3 burnt components (C81, C79 and FB1 from what I see).

I tried emailing Aphex for infos, without success, I'm happy to see that they don't give a shit.

So here I am wondering where to start since I'm not trained in electronics enough to choose a direction...What I get is that two unknown capacitors and what seems a ferrite bead burnt. I can't find a schematic but I should lay my hands on a second unit to check what the components are.

All infos are welcome !!! Help me get this preamp back to its normal working state !!!

Cheers, Piotr.

Attachments

• Aphex 207D.jpg
    Aphex 207D.jpg
    967.7 KB · Views: 82
Thanks Walrus,

you might be right since those components seem to be used for decoupling of the "mystery" chip close to them. Since this is the wordclock/spdif block, if some knows a little about these types of stages, they're more than welcome here...

Thanks, Piotr.

Hi,

Did you get any schematics / layout for the 207d? I have a similar problem with a burnt chip on the 207's PSU

Latest posts

Back