Studio design proposals

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

somorastik

Hi,
In the attachments I put two drawings of a place where I would like to set up a recording studio for some Rock n Roll and Indie bands.
To the studio:
Dimensions:
6,55meters = 21,48 feet
3,86meters = 12,66 feet
height about 2,5meters = 8,2 feet

The floor is covered by floor tiles and the top is wooden with 15cm (5,9 inch) heat insulation.
The walls are solid rock about 0,5m (19,68) thick.

Half wood half glass  (double-vacuum) door - good sound isolation from outside noises
Window double glass as well.

Walls are covered in lime, I will measure the reverb when the place will be empty with some improvised omnidirectional speaker.

From what I calculated the proportions are near to perfect but!

I would like to fit in a recording studio with a mixing deck and computer and two monitors in there, along with preamps tape recorders and some other gear.

Inside I would like to fit a piano, one guitar amp, one bass amp and a corner for the drumms and drummer.

So what do you people say about the layout?

After I measure the reverb I would probably have to place there some "multi-fusors" maybe a manhatan-diy.
Maybe half the studio should be covered in carpet.

Would it be possible to make some good recordings with the whole band playing in such a small space?

Thanks guys

R.

Attachments

• Rasto studio podorysy.pdf
    146.6 KB · Views: 54
The best forum for studio building really is at:

http://www.johnlsayers.com/phpBB2/index.php

I'm sure you'll get good feedback here, but The forum at John L Sayers is awsome.

/R

Latest posts

Back