So first off, I think apologies are in order. Life has caught up to me as of late, looking for a new job, my mother in law was hospitalized a few months ago and is now just recovering. With the time my wife had to take off work, combined with some unexpected veterinarian and auto repair bills, my savings has been cleaned out, along with most of my credit line. The project had to be shelved for a while, since hobbies were the last item on my budget. Either way, I should have made time to give updates. I'm really sorry to keep you guys hanging.
Enough of that.
The good news! Things have calmed down around here and I've been able to get cracking again. After a few failures with the HV converter, I finally got smart and contacted Maxim IC for help. They were very friendly and quick to respond to multiple questions and I was able to get a better understanding of the 1771 controller chip. I've finally got a working converter that's stable and relatively clean. Any noise on the rail is at 100Khz, and can easily be tamed with an additional LC filter. Right now I'm testing out the amp itself, correcting bugs, and making final revisions to the PCB files.
As of right now, I'm still hoping to make a PCB order once everything is finalized. I'll post back once I've confirmed everything is ready to go.