[GROUP BUY] G9 in 51X format (CLOSED, ALL STOCK GONE)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cool, can't wait. gonna get me some valves while I'm waiting, already got the trafos.

As for metalwork, I'm fine with some type of drill template/distances, no actual metal for me.

Thanks for sticking through with this thng!

If it helped , I could up my order from 1 to 2

Current draw wise as more 24v projects come online looks my 51 x rack will take those modules
and my normal 500 rack will take the 16v things probably will run off of separate supplies
but that is a possibility

Well I've got the current draw down to around 150mA, but it can get a little higher. Not sure my HV converter can get much more efficient without spending a lot more time/money which will ultimately delay the project and drive the price up to recoup r&d costs. I did just get a decent oscilloscope finally, so I'm able to see what's going on in the converter. Right now I'm turning focus on the preamp itself and I'm working on getting it fully functional and doing some in depth testing.

Now off to mow the lawn before it starts raining...oh Oregon.

cant'wait man, excited about this. 

is your DC-DC usable for other designs as well? I think I saw you mention that you made it as a plug in PCB.

Yes, the converter is separated from the main pcb, my intention was to make it an independent module that can be used in other designs. It should be able to output over 30mA with a couple component changes.

Right now i'm still debugging the preamp, having to track down lots of solder bridges, due to the lack of a solder mask on the prototype pcb. (also my soldering could be better) will keep this thread updated.

At the moment the preamp is working, but the converter is still giving me fits. I'm waiting for parts at the moment. Thanks for hanging with me.

So first off, I think apologies are in order. Life has caught up to me as of late, looking for a new job, my mother in law was hospitalized a few months ago and is now just recovering. With the time my wife had to take off work, combined with some unexpected veterinarian and auto repair bills, my savings has been cleaned out, along with most of my credit line. The project had to be shelved for a while, since hobbies were the last item on my budget. Either way, I should have made time to give updates. I'm really sorry to keep you guys hanging.

Enough of that.

The good news! Things have calmed down around here and I've been able to get cracking again. After a few failures with the HV converter, I finally got smart and contacted Maxim IC for help. They were very friendly and quick to respond to multiple questions and I was able to get a better understanding of the 1771 controller chip. I've finally got a working converter that's stable and relatively clean. Any noise on the rail is at 100Khz, and can easily be tamed with an additional LC filter. Right now I'm testing out the amp itself, correcting bugs, and making final revisions to the PCB files.

As of right now, I'm still hoping to make a PCB order once everything is finalized. I'll post back once I've confirmed everything is ready to go.

Back