Audio interface

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desol

Anybody have any experience with a nice sounding audio interface in Windows 7 64 bit? Doen't have to be multi-channel...stereo in is fine. The apogee is just for mac, the lavry is pretty pricey....

Any suggestions? Thx.

I have a Sound Devices USBpre2 which is 2 channel and it sounds pretty good. (street price $650, free shipping to me in Canada where I bought)  I like my UA 2192 better but 3X the cost.

BladeSG said:
letterbeacon said:
You can't go wrong with RME, in my opinion.

+1. RME UFX 60

Funny, I was just about to ask the same question, I'm currently selling my MOTU 24IO as i dont need all that IO, I'm looking for a more basic card but with the best sound quality.
I have trawled around for 2 weeks now, and gathered opinions, and I've decided on the RME HDSPe AIO (I need to stick with PCIe as I prefer it to USB or Firewire)

So thats a potential +1 for RME, once ive sold my MOTU stuff in a week or two, the only thing is, I cant find a proper review from someone like sound on sound for the RME HDSPe, but based on a wide range of advice it seems to be the one for me.

Why don't you step up to a Rosetta 200 and use the SPDIF outs to connect it digitally to the MOTU?  you'll get 2 channels of dope conversion that way and won't have to deal with finding a FW card.

For the budget friendly Echo audio (layla and audiofire) has always been solid. Or step up to the Lucid Lynx stuff, really depends on your budget and needs and application.

mulletchuck said:
Why don't you step up to a Rosetta 200 and use the SPDIF outs to connect it digitally to the MOTU?  you'll get 2 channels of dope conversion that way and won't have to deal with finding a FW card.

This isnt a bad shout you know, my only concern is, i dont think the 24IO has SPDIF, there is one extra connector on the back but I was under the impression that was for clock only.

I ended up going with the new MBOX 3. Thanks to everyone for their opinions.

So far, seems to be working quite nice. Sounds good too; supposedly the same converters as Apogee duet/ensemble.
Feels solidly built as well.

Good news.
Sold my MOTU today enough cash to buy a new RME HDSPE AIO (quite a mouthful) with a nice chunk of change.

Tradeing in large number of IO (which was frankly unused for some time now) for a much better converter at that all critical monitoring stage.

Latest posts

Back