Another G 1176 completed project (with audio clips)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ettos

Hello everybody,
I've finally done my first 1176 build (and one of my first projects)! And it's working well!
The unit is based on Mnats' rev. H PCB (self-etched), using Lundahl transformers and a Sifam AL-29WF for metering.

I thought to write a sort of diary when I was collecting information, so I made a web page containing all the material including some .wav audio clips:
http://www.masonaudio.org/

My thanks go to everyone at the lab (expecially Jakob and Mnats for making it possible, and Frank for the panel engraving!)

1176_front.jpg

1176_front_open.jpg

1176_back_open.jpg

Beautiful work! I'm always happy to see someone using the self-etch files from my site, especially when the result is so nice.

Congratulations!

gemini86 said:
Looks great! The input/output pots being 90 degrees off is starting to make me itchy though...

That's for the photo! The typical in/out levels I use when recording are IN 9 o'clock (or less) and OUT 3 o'clock. The output transformer is reversed in Mnats' rev. H compared to the original Gyraf version, but I think there's too much input gain and I'm considering doing the trick (cutting a track on the pcb) to reverse also the input trafo (to 1:2 to 2:1).

Ettos congratulations my 1176 are in progress but and I use the excelents Mnats´s  sefletch pcb layouts (H anf F versions) too. Good your webpage,  adelante!!!
regards.

Latest posts

Back