My 1176LN Rev D project

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

germoju

hi everybody...
As I said in my last posts I 'm novice and now I'm afraid about wiring ! :)
I can read 1000 times Mnats website, I really dont understand how to put the transformer to get 230 V.
Someone can help me please ?

Arfff sorry I found this http://mnats.net/1176_reva-d_hairball_wiring_power_avel-lindberg.html after posting... and can not delete my post....

I have some pics and a short description in my journey thread here.
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=34385.0

What power transformer are you using?

Hairball has a diagram for his power transformer, are you using Hairball's PT and do you have a copy of the diagram? If you can post it up, Il see if I can remember how it was done to get 240 volts.

you shouldnt get 240 volts.You should get 30 volts from the trafo.You mean entering 240 volts in primary and outputing 30 from the secondary?Its a post of mine and of College101 in the mnats 1176revD Build Page (around page 100 perhaps) that explains some possible combinations and errors some people do in main trafo connection.For 240 Volts primary you should wire the two center tapped primary connections to each other and the two remaining wires to the main AC source.
Hope this helps
Erjos

germoju said:
I can read 1000 times Mnats website, I really dont understand how to put the transformer to get 230 V.

After those 1000 times did you miss the warnings about doing the AC wiring if you are not experienced?

Its everything pretty clear in the Mnats explanations. Solder 2 wires from the IECPower conector to the metter on/off switch, and from the metter switch go to the transformer Primary blue and brown. Solder the 2 remaining wires of the primary together and you should be ok. Be sure that the remaining wires are the center conections(tap) of the teanny

Sooooooo sorry ! i'm asking before searching ! I found the answer :
Attack 470R + 22nF
release 270K

Is that correct ??

I got the 270K and the 0.022uF but I just have a 470K. Not a 470 !

In +4 Mode ?
In my souvenirs, adjust the input pot (CW) when comp is ON, you will see reduction.

Do you see compression on your VU in GR mode ?

I follow the 3th step on Mnats website : http://youtu.be/IOzaWP8ACLs

At 2:26 He is on +4 mode. He turn ON the compression and VuMeter moove to left. He adjusts at -10dB, turn OFF compression, adjust VuMeter at 0dB, turn ON compression, adjust at -10dB, etc.....
When I turn ON compression nothing happen. If I push the GR boutton, VuMeter get to dB... I can't see compression.

I try to send a voice and a snare in the 1176. Sound's good, but no compression :(

I cant seem to locate the power cap ground wire...It should be green and coming off the negative side of C25

Do you have it on there? Am I missing it?

Latest posts

Back