[BUILD] TB550A

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, what a fantastic service!! You are too kind.

I think we found the problem. I don't have continuty between C336 and the middle pin.

I reflowed with some solder but still nothing. When I look trough my magnifying glass I can't see an obvious
break in the trace but I will connect the joints with a wire and signal trace it tomorrow. It's past midnight for
me now and I really need to go to bed.

A big thank you for your dedicated help!!
I'll report back when I've solved the continuty thing.

Best regards
Magnus

Soldered in a wire and traced the signal with my scope and there it is!

Again, I can't thank you enough for fixing this for me, I could never have done this without you!

Best
Magnus

emrr said:
Is omitting the LPF portion of the filter as simple as leaving out C3/4?

Yes it is.  Cut them out with snips, HPF only now.  No other change needed. 

emrr said:
emrr said:
Is omitting the LPF portion of the filter as simple as leaving out C3/4?

Yes it is.  Cut them out with snips, HPF only now.  No other change needed.

Super cool.  Does it stay relatively close to unity still?  I was wondering if R16/17 need to become jumpers or not.

Closer to unity than the full filter, which drops mid frequency level by 1/3-1/2 dB due to the combined filter shapes.  Given the tight space in a built unit, I didn't bother with trying to jumper the resistors.

full range flat, original BPF, modified HPF. 

full size link

9403584233_d5c3bd7166_b.jpg

Tested Doug's filter mod today by removing C3 & C4. Just brilliant! Suddenly that filter becomes very useful. Cutting LF from vocals without loosing the top end, or as an extra sculpting possibility on kick or bass. Will do this on all my units!

Hey fella's

we are trying to get another run of these going - so far we are 3 short of the next production run...

Any body out there want any more???

Any body miss the last run and want to give them a shot???

You can check the thread in the White Market for more info...

Bassniac said:
Would need two of em.

Cheers.

hey there,

Im pretty sure there are a few that are still unclaimed - i would just contact Brian directly…

at this point everything is in the works and we are looking at a mid-July ship date…

can't wait!

Brian.

I've built the first one, zero issues. The fit of the kit is superb, and the build guide great. Its tight but going slow and being careful pays off.

I left out C3-C4 to mod the filter to HPF only  Just need to build number 2 now!

15067982871_d3f39ec11f.jpg

15067988851_59c3532fa1.jpg

14884314069_9fd82e2f66.jpg

14884462437_f0474d6051.jpg

Thanks

The Gimmer

AudioGimmer said:
I've built the first one, zero issues. The fit of the kit is superb, and the build guide great. Its tight but going slow and being careful pays off.

Awesome!  Really nice clean work, man.  Enjoy :)

Finally getting to building my second pair!  v1.1 this time.  The bom states R110 is 10Ω.  However,  the resistor included (1/2w) is 100Ω.  R110 is connecting the ground pins... is this correct?  will the 100Ω work fine,  or should I get a 10Ω?
Thanks for any info!

qmp audio said:
Finally getting to building my second pair!  v1.1 this time.  The bom states R110 is 10Ω.  However,  the resistor included (1/2w) is 100Ω.  R110 is connecting the ground pins... is this correct?  will the 100Ω work fine,  or should I get a 10Ω?
Thanks for any info!

Go ahead and just leave that out for now.  It will work just fine without the R in there.  Unfortunately, a couple of kits got out with the wrong piece.  I'm traveling right now but will get some correct ones out the door to you as soon as I'm back on Monday.  Enjoy!

Brian

Latest posts

Back