TNT Express

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sr1200

So, I had a bit of an issue with TNT last time they shipped something to me (hopefully will never have to deal with them ever again)  I tried contacting them a bunch of times regarding it, but that went no where, then I went to BBB to see if they could get somewhere, but no... below is a copy of what the BBB sent back.

If at all possible, try to avoid using this company.

This is in reference to your complaint against TNT Express.  Your complaint was assigned ID 8844815.

Your BBB has tried to present your complaint to TNT Express in an attempt to resolve this matter to your mutual satisfaction.  Unfortunately, despite our efforts, we have received no response to your complaint.  We attempted to contact TNT Express through written correspondence twice on your behalf, but we must now close this matter in our files.  This does not minimize the importance of your concerns, nor is it any reflection on the validity of your dispute.

You may now want to pursue this matter through an alternative resource. To view a list of agencies you may wish to contact for additional assistance, please visit: http://www.newyork.bbb.org/outsideresources.

Your BBB helps settle many marketplace disputes between consumers and businesses, but please understand that we are not an enforcement agency and we cannot compel a business to settle your complaint in a particular way, nor can we compel them to respond.  BBB mediation is a voluntary process requiring the good faith and willing participation of both parties to a dispute.

The firm’s failure to respond to your complaint will be reflected in its BBB record.  A firm’s rating will be affected by its failure to answer even one complaint.  Your experience may, therefore, alert other inquirers seeking information through the BBB.

Please feel free to contact us with any further questions.

Sincerely,

Dispute Resolution Services
Mediator
Phone: (212) 358-2881

Just to clarify what had happened since someone else got stuck with this too now:
TNT sent an invoice for duty on the items purchased.  That's fine, I have no problem with that.  However, they decided to charge and additional shipping and handling fee, and a thing called Residency Fee-Duty.  I tried to contact TNT to find out what the residency fee-duty was.  Since they used the term DUTY i figured it was a governmental thing, so I contacted our people at customs.  They had no clue as to what a residency fee-duty was.  Tried contacting TNT again, and was promptly hung up on THREE times when I questioned it.  So I went to the BBB to see if they could get an answer.  They ignored the BBB contact (previous post) and now it's in the hands of the district attorney in NY. 

I called TNT today and got the Residency Fee-Duty lifted but if I order something again they will not lift it as this was my first time.  One time only thing, but believe me I will still try.  Still seems like a scheme to me.  Anyways I guess it wouldn't hurt to call if this is your first time to get that fee lifted.  They would not budge on the other fees though.

Thanks
-Scott

I already paid it, but if the DA finds that this is NOT an actual Duty from the gov't they're gonna face some serious fines or worse.

Latest posts

Back