Digi 192 semi dead channel (resolved)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seeker

Hey guys, I've got a digi 192 with a channel that will not calibrate.  When running calibration for -14db the input of channel 3 will not budge above -18.6.  I've tried both A and B trims with the same results... I've cleaned connections, etc... sending something to input 3 under normal conditions gives extremely low signal.  Does any one have any advice, other that just sending it to digi (before they stop servicing these)? 

Thank you in advance...

Jason

p.s. apologies if this is not the appropriate place to ask about this...

are you sure your wiring is good, balanced?? are you sure the  trim pots are not broken? have you run digi test? have you swapped cards with a known working analog input card?  In pro tools is your hardware set up properly, set to balanced or unbalanced as required?

Thanks for the interest Pucho...  I didn't actually check the wiring in my breakout, for some reason that hadn't occurred to me... I'll do that directly.  I did run Digi Test and it passed, and hardware is setup properly.  Every other channel works exactly as it should.  Also, I figured that if both trim pots behaved the same that it would most likely not be the pots... but I didn't check them, perhaps foolishly?

After swapping Dsubs and using my already ch2 output, channel 3 input now calibrates perfectly... obviously the problem is my breakout.  Thank you very much Pucho... Seems very obvious now, I shoulda checked this earlier, but your comment saved me alot of headache. 

Thank you!  ;D

turns out the breakout cable I bought had pins 1 and 2 swapped on channel 3 input... Another reminder that its usually the cabling... thanks again.

Immaculate_Connections... I sent an e-mail letting them know of the error.  Other than that issue the breakout is well made.

Back