How much should I be paying for a used Neve 33609?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mOBiTh

Guys

Wondered if you knowledgeable people could advise me on how much I should be paying for a 2nd hand Neve 33609 comp please?

I have access to C and J models not the latest JD (does that use discrete opamps?). They're not cosmetically mint but they're all tested and working perfectly and generally in good shape.

I've never seen any second hand on ebay...

Much appreciated!

pucho812 said:
the 33609's I have seen used usually are going for an asking price of around 3k dollars. But mind you that is craigslist and doesn't mean they get price.

cool cheers dude :)

There are different versions.  The current 33609J and JD and the older 33609C and then what's often called the metal knob version.  The older ones are worth more.

ruairioflaherty said:
There are different versions.  The current 33609J and JD and the older 33609C and then what's often called the metal knob version.  The older ones are worth more.

Yeh so I have access to the C and J versions.

Are you saying the C version is worth more or that the 'metal knob' version is worth more than the C or J versions?! sorry to be a pain - just curious.

I can try them both out in my studio (C & J versions) - think I'll notice any significant differences?

mOBiTh said:
I can try them both out in my studio (C & J versions) - think I'll notice any significant differences?

From memory I think the C version still uses the older compliment of transformers rather than the newer style Belclere (sp?) transformers.  If you have access to both just take a listen, there's no point in me telling you what you might here when you can tell me what you actually hear.  Do us all a favor and please report back with your experiences.

Latest posts

Back