AKG C3000B Mod

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seditionary

Hi,

We have a pair of these mics.  Would love to mod one -- Anything that can be done to warm it up?  There was another thread about this... and someone had posted an article with a mod that had been deleted due to copywrite issues back in 2007?  Anyhow, would love to know any suggestions about these !

Thanks !

Hi,
if you are looking for Dorsey AKG C3000 mod article, I can send it to the Library (if that's ok with moderators).
Regards,
Milan

First what don't you like about the microphone?  What does warm it up mean?  Have you used an EQ when recording with the microphone?

What type of preamp are you using transformer or transformerless input?

You need to think about the complete system, here is a link about another transformerlesss microphone
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=52197.msg666368#msg666368

I suggest you don't blindly change a microphone circuit, unless you are doing it to learn.  Also you could loose resale value with adjustment(s) to a circuit.  I would make sure I could place the original  parts back in the microphone.

IIRC the article was posted in the past and then it was removed. 

Question the responses you get on the web as well as what you find on the web.

I did the Dorsey mod to 2 of these mics. It made them a lot better and kinda like a 414. Also it's a board that replaces the original one so you can easily go back and forth between the two if you want by snapping it in. But I don't think you'll want to after the mod!

I wasn't able to try this mod, as I opened mine up and realized I have one of the oddball ones with TWO capsules in it (mounted totem pole style).

Ok so can someone tell me where to find the library and this Scott Dorsey article?  Pretty please and thank you.
Barry

Since someone did it for me I'll do it for you.  Go to the main groupdiy.com page and you'll see a forum called Technical Documents.  That's the library.
Barry

Latest posts

Back