Midi confusion!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

travis

Hello, I hope this is an ok place to post this question.  I am new to midi and feel like it must be pretty simple but I have been digging though manuals all day without much luck. 

What I am trying to do is access the sounds from a roland mc 505 with a midi control keyboard WHILE sequencing it with an Akai mpc.  I have been able to do one or the other but not both.  The link is to a picture of how I have the MPC and 505 set up now.  If someone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.  Thanks! :)   

http://s556.photobucket.com/albums/ss1/travisttaylor/?action=view&current=Untitled-1.jpg

i would go from the mpc in and out to the keyboard and thru the keyboard to the mc 505 if it is just used as a sound generator.

Are you trying to write the sequence with the keyboard or the MPC, in which case you'll have to go OUT of the keyboard INto the MPC, and out of the MPC INto the Roland.  The trick is gonna be the out/thru you would need on the MPC for the keyboard to trigger the roland directly.  Some units have an OUT/THRU (one port) in which case youre good, others ahve dedicated out and thru (2 ports... like my old korgs) which will make it pretty hard.

Latest posts

Back