Made in the USA HK67 HK87 HK47 style capsules..AND NOW HK12 !!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jonathan yes they are! Sorry for the delay it's been a busy time along with some issues that added some delays. So sorry please pm if you need any other questions answered.

Beauty. . .

p358481415-4.jpg

Sound clips will be coming soon!! I have some outstanding orders that have been consuming my time...

Eric

Hi,

<edit> Potentially incorrect stuff removed. </edit>

I was wondering when your HK47 & HK67 capsules will be available again?

Cheers,

Kaz

https://traceofhearts.bandcamp.com/releases

The vocals were tracked using the Matachung c12 I built using Eric's HK12. I am VERY pleased with the results!
Vox went from the C12 - polar pattern set between cardioid and figure 8 for rejection of guitar - into a CAPI VP28 Pre, through a Hairball mnats (1176 clone) rev d fet compressor (4:1, about 10 db of compression when she belted it out) apogee converters.
No digital eq or compression was applied to the vocal track. A bit of verb was, clearly.

The stereo bus had a hair (less than 2 db at peaks) of serpent audio SB4000 (SSL STYLE) compression, followed by less than a DB of gain here and there via an A-Designs Hammer EQ, and finally just a touch more compression (less than 2db at peaks) via a pair of JLM Audio LA500 opto comps, and finally through the iron of a john hardy M-2, and very slight limiting ITB.

If you're curious, and for the record, the Bass went through an A Designs EM-Blue DI, followed by a Distressor on 1:4, not hitting it much.
The guitar was tracked with a modded MXL 990 (that sebastapol company's full $200ish mod - can't remember the name!) through a Hairball LOLA with 990s, and slight digital compression ITB.

This mic has fast become a favorite around here. It's been complete for a few weeks, and my studio partner and I continue to be in awe of it, especially for vocals, but really for just about anything. There is a clarity and sensitivity without any high mid hype that is just so beautiful. There's a $7000 BOCK mic with an elliptical capsule on loan from another friend sitting in it's case on the floor not 5 feet from where we're tracking with this C12. And even though that's a beautiful mic which we've used a couple of times, it hasn't seen the light of day since we put up the C12. One note is you may need a more expensive boom stand to handle the sensitivity of this mic! My normal K&M boom stands do not provide enough DISTANCE from the vibrations of a singer standing on the (somewhat spongy) floor next to them. I'm working on hanging a stand from the ceiling for this mic now...

Eric, thank you for your awesome work on this! And same to Chung and Matador. Everyone who hears this thing wants one, and I may just use their desires to build another one for myself soon.. (after I finish my drip LA2A, DIY Sontec, U87, U67, and....)  -Dan

Dan!

Thanks so much for the kind words..posts like this make all the work worth it..

Eric

Hey everyone, Updated the first post...... 67,47 and 87 capsules orders are back on...

Eric

This was recorded with 3 of Eric's capsules:

C12 on the left, U67 on the right, and U87 down the middle...

https://danielfries.bandcamp.com/track/lagrima

yes, the 67 is a bit hissy, and I did compress the track somewhat which brought that up in the quiet sections. I think it's my tube, which I'm still playing around with, and it frankly doesn't bother me on this recording.

Hey TSKGuy could I order a capsule from ya? I have $250 with your name on it

I tried to PM you but your inbox is full

Hello!

I wanted to know the way to order a u87 made in USA capsule to TSKGUY.  How much is it? What's the expected delivery time?

I live in Spain. Is there any kind of added taxes to keep in mind? What is the shipping cost?

Thank you so much!

PD: I tried to send a PM to him but his inbox is full!

Hey,

Sorry the PM box is cleared again.. patxipig, please reach out again with your paypal address and I get you an invoice.

Thanks,

And all back orders are shipping again, sorry for any delays..

Eric

Hey all,

Check out the front page.. Update to the 87,67,47 capsules!! All are using brass outer rings.  And I am not raising my price!!
Like I said on the front page my lead times have been pretty long as of late.  The orders have been pretty steady...

Eric

Hey tskguy. Your inbox is full.. Contact me on micapost(a)gmail.com regarding paypal invoice for capsule.

/Michael

I am still playing catch up after the holidays!!! John I will take a look and see what time frame I am looking at...
Things are moving again so it should be soon!
Thanks for everyone's patience!

Eric

Back