REDDI DI

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Values of different cathode bypass cap and its influence on frequency response.
regards
Bernd

Attachments

• Frequency response cathode bypass cap.JPG
    Frequency response cathode bypass cap.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 209
SirCVH said:
CJ said:
a simple yet effective tone control is to put a switch on the cathode bypass cap,

switched in for bass
switched out for guitar

I have been looking into adding a cathode bypass adjustment as I am currently building this project.  I am going to add a pot to both bypass cap circuits, and was wondering if there is a way to calculate the best value for the variable pot, best meaning a full tone sweep between no capacitance and full capacitance on the 470uf cap with minimal wasted turn space on the pot.  Would you just start at a 1m pot and work your way down?  Pardon my sketch:
fApczPW.jpg

Thanks for any help

A rev log 10k pot should work well here.

I've got a good news!
Second version of my pcb just ready. It should be correctly. Testing in few days!)
And I've done twenty custom output transformers.
More info soon ;)

Attachments

• 10698317_844160858961709_1260164824_o.jpg
    10698317_844160858961709_1260164824_o.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 263
Hello guys,
First post here.
I have read the entire thread with enormous interest, as i am a bassplayer, student in electronic engineering, and just someone who would LOVE to build someting as über cool as this project!!

I hope i am not out of being unpolite when saying that i would VERY much like to buy 1 or 2 of your PCB´s .

Kind regards from Denmark
Mads

Latest posts

Back