too many G7's...so here is another one finished ;-)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jazzy_Pidjay

You understand, you heard the change with your ears. With microphones trust your ears more than any specs.

RLC networks can store energy. You changed the Inductive part. The series connection should be about 4X more Henrys than the parallel connection.

Hé Jazzy, travail très beau!

Jakob, since we are on G7 transformers I have one question, I was wondering for awhile. Looking at original scheamtics, only one winding of secondary is connected (leaving the second winding as a NFB option). Lundahls are wounded on two symmetrical bobbins.
The question: wouldn't such connection affect inductance, humbucking, symmetry, and coupling between primary and secondary?

yes of course, we have many songs to record in February and March, with our brand new gears :thumb:

i plan to share some mic sounds tests, soon.

and after the serious recordings sessions, i post some more soundclips for sure !!

like many peoples, i can't share sounds that don't satisfy me :cool:

:guinness:

C'est pas vrai...!

mais ma mère m'en a fait parler depuis j'avait six ans, a peut pres...

Je sait le parler mieux que je peut l'ecrire! :wink:

Eh ben... apres avoir finis mes 'Pultec' EQ, aussi le SSL comp, j'en vais essayer. -Un G7 à la SSLtech!

:green:

Keith

[quote author="Marik"]
..since we are on G7 transformers I have one question, I was wondering for awhile. Looking at original scheamtics, only one winding of secondary is connected (leaving the second winding as a NFB option). Lundahls are wounded on two symmetrical bobbins.
The question: wouldn't such connection affect inductance, humbucking, symmetry, and coupling between primary and secondary?[/quote]

Actually, on the pcb, there's an option where you cut the trace if you want feedback. If not done, the secondaries are in parallel.

But in fact, using one or two secondaries does very little or no difference. The only thing gained by using both is the reduced winding copper resistance - which accounts for very little of the output impedance anyway. No other parameters are compromised. In tests, I have not been able to spot any difference between one and two secondaries in parallel..

Jakob E.

Did you use a series resistor with the white LEDs. Did you see the part about the black paint on the AC701?

yes of course, 135 Ohms with the White, and 220 Ohms now with the yellow
but i don't understand why they die, i don't think the heat can be a problem.

i don't understand what you say about AC701 ? :roll:

at gyraf in the schematic section there is a sony page about the C800G. Someone on the web was translating parts of it. (I lost track of the person)

In it there was a part about the AC701 tube being painted to lower noise from external light. If this is true it would be from the photoelectric effect (A.E. 1905) I would guess.

Can anyone translate that paper?

[quote author="Jazzy_Pidjay"]yes of course, 135 Ohms with the White, and 220 Ohms now with the yellow
but i don't understand why they die, i don't think the heat can be a problem.

i don't understand what you say about AC701 ? :roll:[/quote]

Resistors sound a bit low to me - if you're using a regulated PSU you may get a higher voltage 'surge' on start up (someone correct me if I'm wrong) in which case 135R is low. I usually start with 1K or more for 9V supplies.

Stewart

:?

my led is on the 6,3v of the heater
and the datasheet of the yellow led say 2v 20mA
so i have calculate 220 ohms ?

if the led burn, i don't put a led anymore. :evil:

Back