[Feeler] U47 - U47FET Mic Bodies with U67 & U47 style head basket

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HI All,

first 2 prototypes of the M49/M50 body in bronze, also doing a couple in aluminium/bronze to see how they differ.
Head basket will be made next week, so nearly there to start taking orders!!!!

regards

Spence.

Attachments

• m49 body.jpg
    m49 body.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 118
Hi Guys,

wanted to get some numbers of people interested in the large body U47 first run.
I am possibly placing an order for the materials over the next weeks if i get enough numbers from you.

regards

Spence.

Spencerleehorton said:
sorry not doing u67 bodies, only long and short u47 bodies with the option of having the u67 head basket.

regards

Spence.

You not have any plans for u67 body? We just have some china bodies for u67/u87 build. So i think that it would be very in demand.

Hi late and everyone who would like the U67 style body,

thought i would change the title to be more inkeeping with the thread,
what i would say is at the moment i dont have any plans of doing the U67 style as i feel there would be a lot of wastage in making this style body and brass aint cheap believe it or not, so im just gonna stick with designs that dont waste too much for the time being, this could all change down the line though, watch this space!!! :)

regards

Spence.

Hi Spence and all,

So, in the end you are only doing the U47 short body type, not the U47fet body type length right ?

Just needed a clarification on that point, thank you.

Cheers.

Hi Steph.b,

Once i have finished these M49 bodies i will look at again the U47 body, i was planning to do both short and long, but would just need some number first.

regards

Spence.

P.s your mic bodies are nearly finished, just making sure the nickel plating is good and a few more bits to check before i send them out.
Thanks for your patience.

Thank you for your answer Spence and glad to hear the mic bodies are almost completed !  :)

I would be interested in 2 U47fet bodies if you make them, I already have GT-2B to use for mod, but the Cinemag transformer is a bit cramped inside and "if" we could get closer to the original... it would be a bliss !  8)

Cheers,
Stéphane.

Spencerleehorton said:
Once i have finished these M49 bodies i will look at again the U47 body, i was planning to do both short and long, but would just need some number first.

Thanks for your patience.

Definitely move forward on the U47 bodies, please.  Both styles.  Build it, and your orders will come.  ;)  If it's decent quality, priced reasonably, etc there will be demand.  I don't think collecting numbers should hold you back.  The thread is long and its' been a while... Start your engines.  :)

Back