• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Feeler: Original style N e v e 1081 metalwork

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

API

For the last few years i have collected all the parts to build 16 channels of N e v e 1081 modules.
I now have everything except for the metalwork and have been looking into manufacturers and getting qoutes.
This has not been as easy as i have thought and for the last year i have had many doors slammed in my face or gotten qoutes that have been outrageous.

But now i have a good connection with someone who can make these parts for me but i need to hit 25 channels to make it happen.
So i wanted to ask if there are still people out there that were part of the large 1081 groupbuys a few years back that would be interested?

The set will consist of 10 parts:
Fully painted and screened frontpanel, exactly as an original but without N logo of course
Mounting panel for all switches and pots, nickelplated and drilled for the same switches that AMS-Neve use today
Top and bottom panels, nickelplated and drilled
Backpanel, nickelplated with holes for original connector, Hi/lo switch and trimpot
Two sidecovers, nickelplated
Both rails for holding the pcb, drilled and threaded
Output transformer mounting plate

I will also include all the screws needed to mount it all together.

I am still waiting for the final qoute but it will be in the 200 euro per channel range, so not cheap, but it is alot of special parts.

Please post in the thread of you have any interest, i need to sell another 9 sets to make it happen and if we can hit a total of 50 (including my 16 sets) i believe i could get a better qoute.

A quick thought ... Although I can not confirm yet, be interested in 4 units, may reach 8.

deuce42 said:
apologies if this is a dumb question - are these the same size as a standard desk neve panel ?

Not a dumb question at all.
They will be the exact same size as an original module which is 12" high.
Everything will be done to make them as exact as an original module with the same colorscheme on the frontpanel.
I am going to use mine in a vintage desk so for me its very important that they are vintage correct.

So, a few people interested already, great!
Will look into the qoute and try to get back as soon as possible.
Also need to figure out shipping costs etc etc.

Hi API
I very interested by 2 set.
I have 2 set of PCB of the ten81.
So, i have a questions about the switches, the Blore Edwards seems not available today.
Do you have a source for these or what do you used instead?
Can you give more info about the swiches?
Best,

Happy new year

Cyril

Yes, if we can hit 50 sets i believe the price goes down by 20 euro per set.
Got some indication today and it will be close to 200 euros per set i am afraid, and i need to add the screws and repack everything for you so my thought would be to charge 200 euros per set (plus shipping) to offset some of my cost and time plus the shipping of everything to me, i hope that is ok.
And of course 180 euros each if we hit the 50 sets (maybe a little less, still trying to work out the discount).

Just to let you know, this metalwork will be made in the UK by a metalworker that does alot of similar stuff for a company that does "N" clones.
Thats all i am alowed to tell, cant say any more, but i have seen their work and they will be as good as the real thing.

About the switches i bought mine in the Blore Edwards groupbuy a few years back so i have mine.
Not sure where to source them now except than from AMS-Neve directly, but i know that they are quite expensive there.

I bought a biiig lot of Blore Ed switches from them nigh a few months ago. Brett will take care of you .. sales at blore dash ed dot com

I'm sure the interested parties could organize another group buy, though if my memory serves, not at the supergreat prices from back then.

API said:
Yes, if we can hit 50 sets i believe the price goes down by 20 euro per set.
Got some indication today and it will be close to 200 euros per set i am afraid, and i need to add the screws and repack everything for you so my thought would be to charge 200 euros per set (plus shipping) to offset some of my cost and time plus the shipping of everything to me, i hope that is ok.
And of course 180 euros each if we hit the 50 sets (maybe a little less, still trying to work out the discount).

Just to let you know, this metalwork will be made in the UK by a metalworker that does alot of similar stuff for a company that does "N" clones.
Thats all i am alowed to tell, cant say any more, but i have seen their work and they will be as good as the real thing.

About the switches i bought mine in the Blore Edwards groupbuy a few years back so i have mine.
Not sure where to source them now except than from AMS-Neve directly, but i know that they are quite expensive there.

Ok, sounds good!

Would be great if people from earlier in the thread could confirm/deny their interest so i could start to compile a list.

Hi again.

Ok, we are slowly getting there.

Here is the list so far:

The Maybe list:
Delaymix  4
Creal  2
AudioCommand  2
Kvintus  1

The solid list:
Kid Squid  2
API  16

Would love to hear from you guys on the Maybe list, if i can confirm you we could make the 25 sets happen.
I am trying to work something out with a guy that also wants a large quantity so hopefully we can hit the 50 sets mark.
Still also trying to get them to sell at a better price for the 25 sets, so hopefully they will be a little cheaper, but at least not more!

Anyone else interested?

Hi again.

I have put this on temporary hold and i am now working on a different and cheaper solution for the cases and hopefully have some good news soon.
Thanks to you that confirmed their interest, hopefully the chassis will be cheaper than the qoute i got before, and if not i will go the first rout.

I would be interested in 16 frames w/o front panel but at a lower price.... Also, the internal aluminum extrusion and bracket I can create on my own just would like the four piece pressed frame with side panels.

Good to hear that Kid Squid!
I have been kind of sick for a while but has now started to work in this again.
I am trying to figure out if i can get them made cheaper somewhere else but not sure yet.
Will keep everyone posted.

Thanks!

Sorry for not updating but i am currently working with Dan to find a cheaper solution.
So please stay tuned because something will come up sometime soon!

Back