Mouser

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Che_Guitarra

I've just ordered a Hairball 1176 kit and Mnats PCB, the final step is to hit 'buy now' on the Mouser bill of materials for the project.  My concern is this -  there are a couple of items that are listed as 'backorder' - but, as I live on the other side of the world, 60 cents worth of backordered parts is going to cost an extra $40 in postage.

I'm not really privy to Mouser or the size of it's operation, so i'm wondering if I waited a day or two the stock levels might be replenished... or on the flip side it might lead to another handful of components being out of stock. 

My query - how often is the bill of materials (as supplied by Mouser) 100% complete?

Che_Guitarra said:
I've just ordered a Hairball 1176 kit and Mnats PCB, the final step is to hit 'buy now' on the Mouser bill of materials for the project.  My concern is this -  there are a couple of items that are listed as 'backorder' - but, as I live on the other side of the world, 60 cents worth of backordered parts is going to cost an extra $40 in postage.

I'm not really privy to Mouser or the size of it's operation, so i'm wondering if I waited a day or two the stock levels might be replenished... or on the flip side it might lead to another handful of components being out of stock. 

My query - how often is the bill of materials (as supplied by Mouser) 100% complete?

Generally it's resistors out of stock.  Just select a value +/- 10%.

Also read this:
http://hairballaudio.com/docs/SubGuide.pdf

I'll try to update the BOMs this weekend.  But if it's just resistors I don't update those.

Thanks Rochey - you're on the money.  Click on the backorder item and it give you an restock ETA.

I can easily source resistors locally, but in this case it's some 200pf ceramic disk capacitors... seeing I live in somewhat of a backwater I think i'll just try Ebaying them.

Edit - just caught your post/link Mr Echo - i'll look for some 63V versions.  Mouser here I come!

Where on the "other side of the world" do you live?

Whilst not as easy as simply loading the Mouser BOM into your order, you may find you can source locally most of the parts. The big monoliths of component supply have operations in most first world countries.

It was a pretty easy fix in the end Deuce42 - I just switched the tolerance on the 200pf capacitors from 10% to 5%.  The other stock out was on some carbon film resistors which pretty much grow on trees.  Happy days, I have a 1176 coming my way  ;D

BTW - I live in Western Australia, just out of Perth.

Mouser has a great function that will help you find a replacement. They almost always have multiple choices for every small component like that; brand, temp ratings, etc.

Che_Guitarra said:
It was a pretty easy fix in the end Deuce42 - I just switched the tolerance on the 200pf capacitors from 10% to 5%.  The other stock out was on some carbon film resistors which pretty much grow on trees.  Happy days, I have a 1176 coming my way  ;D

Cool - all the best with your build:)

Che_Guitarra said:

I can usually get most of my components (though I still order at Mouser) from either rockby.com or altronics.com.

Postage is quite reasonable through Australia Post.

Latest posts

Back