Strange Problem LED Monitor interfere in audio...SOLVED

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dinesh

Hi All,

I have a problem in my studio. When I start my LG LED Monitor a tone around 1K start beeping in My Monitors. When I switch off the Monitor it stopped. I replaced monitor with Sony & its OK now. I replaced my Computer & used another Computer & LG Monitor is OK. The problem is, my Main Computer & LG Monitor are not working togather. Is there anyone can help me?

Thanks in advance

Dinesh

I haven't worked much with modern monitors around low noise circuitry but I have experienced some strange beat frequency interferences from old school crt monitors when two almost identical raster scans created around 1Hz noise. The second monitor was in the next office, but close enough to interfere through the wall. 

Perhaps a HF noise from the monitor is only 1kHz away from some other HF noise source?

If problem follows only one monitor, banish it to some less sensitive application.

JR

Hi,
Thank you guys for ur reply.

I have swapped the Monitor with other & its working fine. The display card is same. I used LED monitor with my laptop & Its also working fine. The problem is both my main Computer & LG LED Monitor are not working togather.

Regards
Dinesh

Yes, two sources of HF interference can both be higher than audible frequency range, but if they are close while not the same exact frequency, the difference (beat) frequency will be low and can be audible.

JR

Like Michael said it might be to do with the a noisy backlight circuit. If you change the brightness on the monitor does the noise change? 

Also if it has an external switch mode psu, try another one. I've had failing monitor switch modes give out all kinds of crap into audio lines nearby but the monitor itself seemed fine.

Hi Michael & Mrclunk..

Yes it was Due to LED Dimming. Thanks you very much.

Regards
Dinesh

Latest posts

Back