Neve Style knobs

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitar4444

Plastic Neve marconi style knobs in red and blue are available for US $0.30 each in lots of 200.
The knobs come from Daier in China but aren't listed on their site. They look really good.
http://chinadaier.com/Product.asp?BigClassName=KNOB
Part no. is KN2618  red, KN2618  blue, KN2618  grey and KN2618  black  and the sales persons name is Xuyu. The MOQ is 200 so group buy is the way to go.
The knobs only come with 18t spline so will need to be drilled out and have the set screws fitted for 1/4".  Set screw can be supplied to if anyone wants to drill them out and fit them, it's very easy to do. Please see page 6 and 7 for detailed pics of how to do it and close ups of the knobs. Dimensions shown next post.

cheers Greg

If anyone wants to start a new group buy please post and I'll write it in up here.

Here is the orders so far. We could use a few more for Australia and a volunteers to organize the US

US  260 plus  tommypiper will organize the US buy ORDER CLOSED

tommypiper  - California  -  I'll buy about 52 red and 104 blue.  (Edit: Plus brass inserts.)  .

dissonantstring - Grant - US - 30 red, 20 blue with inserts (so 50 total plus inserts for all)

mitsos  - US  -  I'm in for 50-100 with inserts (mostly red, some blue or gray -  sorry no grey

bruce0 -  Boston  - 50 knobs, 50 inserts please. I prefer red, not blue.

Dave  -  LA  CA  -  I'd like to grab 24 blue and 36 red plus inserts for all 60

tomas1808  -  Uruguay  -  I would like 30 Red and 20 Blue, all with inserts

Europe  380 plus   Mzaar has agreed yo organize the EU buy

Mzaar  -  France -  I'm in for 75 red and 25 blue (no black ?) all with insert + 100 extra inserts

MartyMart  -  Berlin-  So a definite 30 red / 30 blue plus inserts for me

spase -  Macedonia  -  i will take 100 red and 30 blue including inserts for all of them and 80 inserts more

SkunkFunk  -  Sweden  -  I could be interested in 50 red and 50 blue with inserts + 50 extra inserts

sharpeleven  - Switzerland - I'm in for 40 red and possibly 40 blue

MatthisD  -  Ireland -  6 red, 2 blue, plus inserts

Australia and New Zealand  230 plus guitar4444 is organizing AU and NZ ORDER HAS BEEN PAID FOR INCLUDING GREY

Shipping for Australia - I ordered a total of 435 knobs and 910 set screws and shipping was US$43.70 via DHL. All up $183.60 so about US$0.42 per knob with 2 set screws. Local shipping in Australia should be around $6.95.  Much cheaper than what you pay at Jaycar for a chicken head or similar.!

Junction  -  Sydney - I'd take 25 red and 25 blue all with inserts

benqbasic - New Zealand - I'd be keen on 25 red plus 25 blue plus inserts.

Timothytitus88 -  Australia - 50 of each colour with inserts (100 total) I would love to get 100
                              additional inserts as well

Guitar4444  -  Greg  -  i'll take 100 with inserts

Attachments

• knob.jpg
    knob.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 132
Knob dimensions
Perhaps this should be in the black market?

Attachments

• KN-2618.jpg
    KN-2618.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 142
FWIW, ELMA is about to release the NEVE 80 Series marconi knobs and (might be wrong on this one) Jeff will stock them?

What do you think they will be worth? I need about 60 which is why I don't want to pay so much.

cheers Greg

guitar4444 said:
What do you think they will be worth? I need about 60 which is why I don't want to pay so much.

cheers Greg

Sorry, I have no idea. I just mentioned it as an alternative. Maybe you can contact them.
Ah! and let us know too  ;D

It looks like Daier may be the company that supplies knobs to Tayda Electronics. Tayda's prices and shipping are very good, and they seem willing to stock just about anything people ask for.

I would try sending Tayda an email and see if they would be willing to stock them.

Dylan

I just bought 100 of the other type (MOQ). It cost $50 total with express shipping to my house in Australia. If I bought half that quantity from Tayda it would cost a bit more with the shipping. If I bought the MOQ of 200 from Daier it will cost me about $85, whereas to buy 60 from Tayda will probably cost about $95. If anyone else wants to go in on half of an order of 200 it would reduce the cost again. Though reshipping would probably add $20, so about $50 for 100 knobs.

cheers  Greg

Do these knobs have the backplate/bezel clear?
If so, I would buy some (50?) with brass inserts
In the us

bruce0 said:
In the us

I'm not sue about that I'll try and find out. You mean the flange part around the bottom that looks like it could be clear plastic in the picture?

guitar4444 said:
bruce0 said:
In the us

I'm not sue about that I'll try and find out. You mean the flange part around the bottom that looks like it could be clear plastic in the picture?

Yes, as you say, clear part  in picture.

And as to the brass inserts, if they came separate that would be ok I could drill and glue them in, but better if assembled of course.

bruce0 said:
guitar4444 said:
bruce0 said:
In the us

Yes, as you say, clear part  in picture.

And as to the brass inserts, if they came separate that would be ok I could drill and glue them in, but better if assembled of course.

I've just had confirmation from the manufacturer
"The transparent flange part is detachable"
Also the manufacture will supply the brass inserts with set screws the same as are used in some of their other knobs. To get a special run of the same knob with set screw requires a minimum order of 50,000.
The only photos and diagrams are at the top of the post. I will try and get more photos.

cheers  Greg

Well it seems like what I want. 

I will split an order with you, lets see what people are in for.
I am in the US, and I am in for 50 knobs, if there are no other takers, I might go more.

The 3 view drawing below doesn't match the picture or the isometric drawing.  I am going by the picture, the isometric drawing and the shaft size.

I would imagine the drawing in the second post with dimensions will be the most accurate. The only other pics are in the hard copy catalogue they sent me with the my previous order. They look really good in that and also come in both blue and red. Not sure how well they would match the neve colours though. It's also OK to mix the colours in the MOQ.
The minimum shipping from Australia is about $13 with no tracking or $20 with tracking, you can calculate it here
http://auspost.com.au/apps/international-parcel.html
I'm happy to take 100 out of the order as they are only US $0.30 each. Haven't got a price on the inserts yet though I imagine they will only be $0.05 or so. I would like to split at least part of my shipping cost to Australia as well.

cheers  Greg

Latest posts

Back