Riggler's and Tskguy's M49 / M50 bodies

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0dbfs said:
Also planning on using the Peluso Yoke Mount or a swivel from Latch Lake. I prefer swivel's in most cases but need to compare pricing and availability.

Anyone have capsules yet? Which capsule mount heights are people using?

Cheers,
jonathan
The Peluso mount is pretty bad, imo.  When I asked them about the issues I had with mine, they didn't bother to respond.  Big thumbs down.

Hey all,

Quick update, I have 33 of the bodies In My possession and I am working out the last bugs regarding the head baskets... Once I am finished they are off to the platers.

And yes we can ship out prior to plating if you want to do the finish your self. Keep in mind the platers are doing the final beed blast so that would need to be done of course.

Riggler is doing the shipping(he has the boxes and stuff) but if someone wants it un-plated let me know and I will ship it out....

Thanks
Eric

Very interested in the 4th Run please sign me up for 1

Three of these m49 bodies arrived this morning. Without bead-blast & nickel plating as requested. Thank you guys for being so detail oriented. These "little-ears" are going to be awesome!

I am interested in knowing what the threading is for the set-screws so I can order some mmcarr extra's as well as the internal PCB mount threading (looks smaller than 8-32).

Cheers!
-jb

These are unfinished / brass. I'll start finishing them tonight with an "ammonia bath patina" which makes them very dark with some bright blue veins.

Cheers!
-jonathan

Attachments

• photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    484 KB · Views: 115
Here's another photo attached.
The head-baskets are slightly unique on each of these. The bodies are closer to similar. I would have liked the bell/body mating to have been keyed but will work something out when I assemble/finish.

These are going to work very well for what I need them for (sticking them in the proximity of voices and instruments).

Thanks Riggler and TskGuy for putting this together. Very happy to be adding these to the collection.

The internal PCB mounting holes do line up nicely with Dany's round PCB's as shown in his "puck" thread. I believe they're threaded for 4-40 but will need to confirm with some screw material.

Cheers!
-jonathan

Attachments

• photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    540.9 KB · Views: 132
The head-baskets are slightly unique on each of these. The bodies are closer to similar.
Meaning your eyes aren't playing tricks on you.
I paid for a pair and after waiting over a year, I want my pair to be the same size.

Any word on the plating process, and when you guys might be shipping plated bodies?

Bruce

Winetree said:
The head-baskets are slightly unique on each of these. The bodies are closer to similar.
Meaning your eyes aren't playing tricks on you.
I paid for a pair and after waiting over a year, I want my pair to be the same size.

Me too.  I am very surprised to see such a variance in finished dimensions.

Riggler, will you be sending matched pairs to those of us who ordered two (or more)?

Hello There,

Is there a space for one more body? I would get one, please?

Thanks,

Kosta

Hi All,

I have doing some inventory here , and just realized that I have 6 pcb kit left for this project at the moment ,
so if you need it and you are on the verge of jumping in this project ,
Let me know,

58d028199438d.jpg

Best,
dAN,

Does the male binder part that mounts to the bottom of the body,
that's held on with the two screws, come with the mic?
Or do I order it with the binders connectors?

Latest posts

Back