Riggler's and Tskguy's M49 / M50 bodies

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All,
I am thinking to Restock the PCB kit for this build ,
please post in this thread if you have any interest in it ,
i will compile this and order if there is enough interest to make it happen.
thanks,
Best,
Dan,

I notice the third run list is updated and I made the cut!! good news. was wondering what general thoughts are on timing. I understand it's a moving target.

cheers.

riggler said:
Hey Winetree, I talked to Eric Thursday. He didn't send you screws but he shipped them all to me along with 5 more bodies for me to ship out.  So I will send them directly to you.

Still Waiting,  Do you need the Address?

Hello everybody!

I got to spend time with an old timer tooling designer. Completely reworked the die for the head basket mesh. It's now a true multi-stage die with springs and everything. I finished the design last week and the machinist is going to make it on a pretty slick new machine he has. The design I had as of January would not have been nearly as good as this.

Anyway, it's ready to be made and I am able to make it close to me! Got a good deal on a die set, and we will have to precision align the tooling to the die set in order to mount it. I also found a heat treating facility literally behind my job. Trying to coordinate time with the machinist to DO IT. Shooting for this Saturday late afternoon. The main body parts themselves are perfect. I am saying that with more confidence than the last batch because this is being done in a true professional CNC facility, where I can actually see how things are done (and participate). Quality work. I am planning on running 100 of these now.

I realize this post probably opens up a lot of questions, which I will attempt to answer. I have been working a ton of freelance in order to build up the cash to fund the project and make it awesome. Going to keep focused on the die. When done, I will be posting again. Things will move quickly after the die is done, as everything else is in place.

Thanks,

Damian

Hey Riggler, I don't think I got added to the list. I asked back in November but must not have been added. can you see if I am or add me please if theres still a spot to get one of these bodies. Thanks Scot

riggler said:
Hello everybody!

I got to spend time with an old timer tooling designer. Completely reworked the die for the head basket mesh. It's now a true multi-stage die with springs and everything. I finished the design last week and the machinist is going to make it on a pretty slick new machine he has. The design I had as of January would not have been nearly as good as this.

Anyway, it's ready to be made and I am able to make it close to me! Got a good deal on a die set, and we will have to precision align the tooling to the die set in order to mount it. I also found a heat treating facility literally behind my job. Trying to coordinate time with the machinist to DO IT. Shooting for this Saturday late afternoon. The main body parts themselves are perfect. I am saying that with more confidence than the last batch because this is being done in a true professional CNC facility, where I can actually see how things are done (and participate). Quality work. I am planning on running 100 of these now.

I realize this post probably opens up a lot of questions, which I will attempt to answer. I have been working a ton of freelance in order to build up the cash to fund the project and make it awesome. Going to keep focused on the die. When done, I will be posting again. Things will move quickly after the die is done, as everything else is in place.

Thanks,

Damian

:) :) :)

Latest posts

Back