Riggler's and Tskguy's M49 / M50 bodies

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Inbox is full!  I'd like to talk M49 bodies and feel late to the party.  Contact me? Happy to speak by phone if you like to speed things up

Hello

Would like to add my name to the list please. 

Inbox is still full!

Thanks
Mac

I'd like an update too.

Having forked out the money in advance almost two years ago I really want to know it's still moving along and that Riggler is still active in this thread (and on the forum).

Riggler - your inbox is full, we don't have anyway to contact you, and you haven't logged in to the forum since April6th. That doesn't look good.

Hello everybody, the die is getting made on this coming Tuesday! It's the only thing that's been holding me up. The other pieces are ready to go.

I haven't signed on in a while due to life events and I have been working shows non-stop to fund this project and life. I've been trying to coordinate time with my machinist since he is really busy. But he's the best. I am sorry it has been so long for all of you guys, but I can't afford to have a bad run, everything needs to be right.

There are so many people PMing me for bodies - which is an honor after this wait... I don't want to take any future money until these prototypes are good to go. I am going to clean up my PM box. For those of you that I owe bodies to, this IS in progress and I have not gone anywhere and I am not going anywhere. You can always reach out to me at [email protected] . My PM box here constantly gets full.

This machinist can do delrin plastic parts and we have talked about making a complete kit with the circuit board hood and plate, etc. But I can't even think about doing that right now until the main parts are in production.

Again, my apologies for the wait, but know that I am moving on these! I will post again on Tuesday.

Hi

Can you please comment if this project is going to proceed?

Fantastic if it is and completely understand if it isn't-significant financial and time commitment.

To have some guidance would be nice for planning.

Thanks and take care

Cheers
Mac

Hello everybody,

It took me a long time to make this update. Over the past few months I have went through the divorce process, (it's almost complete), and a lot of things in my life had to take a back seat. I could not really say anything publicly about it. We are far enough with our agreement and the process that I am able to say some things now.

Also, I have been through some related family and psychological issues, which are now looking good. My son was not doing well with things and there was a bad period around July-August  where I had a very hard time. I have spoken to a few of you guys personally, but I am now telling everyone what has been up with me.

My machinist Garrett was also busy, but it really was me holding it up. Thursday night I talked to him and he said he is all good and is still with me.

I've had my share of late nights, good and bad, but I am back! I still have everything on the project, and Garrett is working with me on moving again. He also bought a heat treating machine, so now we can treat our tooling.

Joe emailed me and said he hoped I hadn't given up: I'm not. But stuff happened very quickly in my life from many angles and I had a hard time with all of it, and I am sorry I did not stay on communicating with you guys and getting things done. I would talk to Eric once in a while as to what was going on and he has really been like a rock for me when it comes to not giving up on lots of things.

I took a new job as the director of media technology at a new charter high school in my area, and they just put up a new building over the summer, so between that and freelance I have been maxed out. That job really became being the IT director and was much  more than I expected. I work a lot of freelance in part to keep funds available for the Mics, paying for this thread, etc.

Anyway, I am planning on running 100. It's been 2 years for some of you guys, I know. If our prior machinist would have been on it, we would have been done with our original orders and should have been on easy street making more.

I talked to someone else on the forum about potentially taking over these bodies but his price in the end is nowhere near where I am at. And Garrett is still in and he's committed. I am going to commit to updating you all every Sunday now, including tomorrow.

My PM box is full of requests for more bodies. I am going to run 100, the first of those go to the people we owe. I am told that the plater I want to use is awesome. I modified a toaster oven for the soldering and it his about 600 degrees. Should be good for low temperature paste.

When we make the die I'll post a video.  I know there are a bunch of questions I need to address in this thread.  If you need to get ahold of me my email is righirecording@gmail. I can give you my cell if you would like to talk.

Thank you,
Damian

riggler said:
Hello everybody,

It took me a long time to make this update. Over the past few months I have went through the divorce process, (it's almost complete), and a lot of things in my life had to take a back seat. I could not really say anything publicly about it. We are far enough with our agreement and the process that I am able to say some things now.
Very sorry to hear about this.  Stay strong.

I always knew something else must have been up. No project takes this kinda delay.

Thank-you Damian for being up-front. I'm sure I join a lotta other guys in saying, "we get it" and I hope you can heal.

You can take me off the list for now, as I've procured a FleA body, but maybe in the future I might want one of your gems when you get them up and running.

Best to you and your healing process.

Mike

My sympathies Damian.

Been there and done that so I appreciate the suffering and thoughts that can go along with it.

Glad you are able to emerge out the other side and seems like you are able to smile.

Sounds like you have great friends as well.

Take care and as those famous British philosophers said "Always look on the bright side of life"

Cheers
Mac

Thank you guys, it hasn't been all bad. It's going to stay out of the courts. I have a roof over my head. Kids are doing really good right now.

So an update:

We are making an alternate die design that does not cut, rather the male die has a channel to allow an external cutting blade to pass that cuts the mesh. This would be a CNC operation. We would use this if my current design does not cut properly.

Back to Solidworks...

So my machinist has this cool new machine that not only cuts in 3D, but also lets you see a simulation in 3D on a screen before you cut anything.  Still, he is doing test runs on aluminum before committing to tool steel.

Attachments

• IMG_3954.JPG
    IMG_3954.JPG
    987.9 KB · Views: 53

Latest posts

Back