Hardware monitoring solutions

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seeker

Hey guys, I got tired of dealing with latency in the box... So I'm running a split before my A/D with some edcor XSM 10K/10K to isolate the feed thats going into a cheap mixer for monitoring.  Sounds fine to me, but I am wondering if this is the best solution, or if anyone has some better ideas.  Thanks!

Chances are you could split the signal without a transformer. I use a patchbay to split line level signals to my A/D and console.  Works great for latency free monitoring.

I do the same thing as KMB-Audio, the sound card inputs on my patchbay are split and each goes to a different channel of a cheap mixer so I can have a monitor mix. 

Similar to millzners and KMB, have a "direct unbalanced mic feed" as a monitor and small mackie desk also.

Recording vocals with 10-20msec delay, is pretty useless and off putting!

MM.

Thanks for chiming in guys, I figured I didn't necessarily need the transformers, but that they would prevent things from getting weird when using different pieces of equipment, both on the monitoring and recording ends.  I was concerned with the split affecting freq. but I don't really hear any difference.  Nice to know you guys feel similarly!

Back