(newb thread) GSSL, SB4000 or something else?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fubard

Title says it all. What's the difference, and which ones "best" for electronic music. Hahahah, I know, I know, its a stupid question; entirely subjective w no right or wrong answer. Newb stuff, my bad. I'm just trying to get some ideas here. Ease of build, quality of sound, features, completeness of kit exc...

I have good experience w electronics and soldering; I did a couple semesters in tech school (ems now instead) and just completed the C.A.W. Ghost mod. Ive done some PAIA projects and some other fun lil things but am totally new to the 'digging' that most of these projects seem to require. My iron's hot and my skill feels use or loose at this point so I'm ready to start planning my next project now.

I have no way to hear any of em really just have the budget to build one for a lil while. Could I at least get some input on which might be best for me?

I do know I want a buss compressor :p

In my opinion, go for the SB4000. This is because the stock GSSL has some limitations to simplify the circuit, so you will likely start adding mod boards and complicate your life. The SB4000 has all the mods and tricks implemented so it's ready to go.

This also may be a silly question but since I'm seeing so many buss comp in 500 series, why can't I find one to build? Like, from a reliable source of course. :p

ppl would JUMP on that, right?

Latest posts

Back